Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV image lags terribly
880 8 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roofman
lvl.1

United States

Why would the FPV camera image on the device lag terribly and break up, yet the camera on the drone still take good photos?  This happened even with the drone and controller in close range with each other.

2015-12-30
Use props
jscope
lvl.1

Canada

what device are you using?  have you optimised it?
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to be using one of these devices, also try lowering the video transmission quality. Also try using a custom channel.
2015-12-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Because the image recorded on the SD card in the aircraft does not have to go through any complicated encoding and transmission process, the data is recorded directly to the card.

The signal you receive and display on your FPV device, on the other hand, has to be compressed, encoded into a stream, transmitted via a radio link, received and sent as a stream to a device that may or may not have the necessary horsepower to display it without delay. No comparison.
2015-12-30
Use props
roofman
lvl.1

United States

So it only happened once.  And I was using the same device, a Galaxy S5 which has always worked in the past.  Do you think turning the unit off and on again prevent that?  Just a fluke perhaps?  I used it once since then and it worked OK.
2015-12-30
Use props
roofman
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-30 16:07
You need to be using one of these devices, also try lowering the video transmission quality. Also tr ...

Hi Ken,   One of WHAT devices?  You didn't mention any.  This only happened once to me so far.  And I was using the same device, a Galaxy S5 which has always worked in the past.  Do you think rebooting the P3 and controller would fix that if it happened again?  Was it just a fluke perhaps?  I used it once since then and it worked OK again.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

roofman Posted at 2015-12-31 23:12
Hi Ken,   One of WHAT devices?  You didn't mention any.  This only happened once to me so far.  An ...

The devices listed below, your S5 is on the list so it should work. Save your flight records to the cloud, then delete and reinstall the app. Also you need to free up the RAM on your phone, go into settings, applications, application manager, running applications. From there you can see your total RAM and your free RAM.  Scroll down and stop or force stop all the running apps in the background that are not needed, like Facebook, Pandora, and whatever stuff like that that you have downloaded. That will make the GO app run much smoother.
And when you fly again you will have to do the same thing again, some of these apps will start back up in the background even though you don't want them to.
Also, go into the Image transmission Setting (the HD icon) and lower you transmission quality and that will make less data transfer and give you better reception. You can also choose a more stable custom channel at the location you fly at BUT the custom feature does not auto change. You could be flying in front of you and have perfect video, but go fly by some buildings and that channel can become unstable. In that case all you have to do is get back to the menu and switch back to Auto.

iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2015-12-31
Use props
roofman
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 09:34
The devices listed below, your S5 is on the list so it should work. Save your flight records to th ...

Thanks for the advice, Ken.  One more question you might know an answer for.  If I were to set the video to 1080, will my still shots also drop in quality from 12 megapixel to something lower?
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

roofman Posted at 2016-1-1 00:36
Thanks for the advice, Ken.  One more question you might know an answer for.  If I were to set the ...

Changing the video resolution will not change anything on photo resolutions, photos are fixed at 12 megapixels.
2015-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules