Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot download GO app
30628 21 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotS61
New

United States

Hi  New guy here,
I have Android tablet 4.4.2  Cannot download GO app says my device is not compatible???????

I have a Phantom 3 Standard Model W321. Lots of # on drone, not sure witch one is Serial #  Do not want to fly without it.
Does anyone else use Android tablets? DJI says Go app will work on 4.1.2 and higher
The tablet is a MID not a top brand, could that be the problem? It is an Android OS.

Thanks for any HELP.

2015-12-30
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Change the tablet to another one, for myself I tested a few cheap ones before I bought my Asus Nexus 7 II, this one works fine and has Android v6. I tested Nexus 7 I at first, could not get any signal from the camera with that one, after a while I realized that it had a poor resolution for this kind a job.
2015-12-30
Use props
klinknky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106447 ft
United States

DJI doesn't say  it will work on ANY Android device. They have a list of "compatible" devices. Some devices not on the list work, some don't. I use an LG I had before I got my P3P it seems to work fine.
2015-12-31
Use props
PilotS61
New

United States

klinknky Posted at 2015-12-31 07:26
DJI doesn't say  it will work on ANY Android device. They have a list of "compatible" devices. Some  ...

Thanks, I was tiring to save some money & not buy an IPAD.......That bit me in the butt. DJI sure does favor apple?
2015-12-31
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

For devices that aren't compatible, can you download the DJI GO APK from here and sideload it.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are the approved devices, problem is the GO app takes a lot pf processing power and needs a device with a really good processor. Using something sub-par possibly will not work.

iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2015-12-31
Use props
sgrol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73442 ft
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-12-31 14:27
For devices that aren't compatible, can you download the DJI GO APK from here and sideload it.

Can you repost that link? I couldn't get it to work. Read where a guy downloaded the Go App to his PC and then tethered it to his tablet but I can't find out how to get the app to the PC. Thanks.
2016-2-3
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

go to the app store and download/install "ES File Explorer"

then click on the link he posted and a pop-up should appear, select ES File Explorer and it will download

after it downloads it will give you the option to open file

from there you can install

- it may give you a warning about installing third party apps, this is from the android operating system and you say yes to turn that option on.

2016-2-3
Use props
sgrol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73442 ft
United States

afiend69 Posted at 2016-2-3 23:14
go to the app store and download/install "ES File Explorer"

then click on the link he posted and a  ...

Worked great. Thanks for the info
2016-2-4
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Bought my Ipad Air 2 wifi and cellular (Do not need a cellular plan for it to work) at walmart refurbished... (LIKE NEW NO DEFECTS) for $499
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple- ... efurbished/44052005

NOTE: THEY run IOS 8.4 so you can still jailbreak them, so if ya get one don't update the os!
2016-2-6
Use props
diegofpelaez744
New

United States

I can install dji go app in my Samsung tab 3 lite
2016-5-13
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I could not install oin my tab 4, then i made sure all the apps were upgraded, especially play store, and then it downloaded just fine, but it DID take a day to come to it's senses.. Working ok now.
Playstore was saying that the go app is incompatible with this platform...  Drove me bunkers for a day...
2016-5-13
Use props
P3A-Nate
New

I have several LG tablets and encountered the same issues where the DJI Go app from the Google Play Store would say it’s "not compatible with my device".  I followed the instructions above and it worked great.
Here is a recap of the steps I took:
1. Open this APK link in your tablet/smartphone browser and download the file - http://m.dji.net/djipilot  (A pop up may appear asking how you want to download it...I chose Chrome browser)
2. Once the APK file has downloaded click on it from the notification bar.  A message may pop up saying that this file is from an "Unknown source".  You will need to go into your security settings and click the box next to "Unknown sources - Allow Installation of apps from sources other than Google Play Store".
4.  Go back to your APK file and open it from the notification bar.  The DJI Go app will open and you will need agree to install it.
5.  After installing it will show up in your app tray...DONE.
6. You can then click and drag the DJI Go icon from your app tray onto your home screen if you want it there.

p.s. - I have an LG G5 and it downloaded to that smartphone from the Google Play Store with no problems.

Good luck!
2016-8-8
Use props
basmithca
New

Canada

P3A-Nate Posted at 2016-8-8 17:29
I have several LG tablets and encountered the same issues where the DJI Go app from the Google Play  ...

Hi There
Thank you , that has just solved a Big problem for me ,,,.
2016-8-19
Use props
fovetekuz
lvl.1

India

Dioden Posted at 2015-12-30 23:20
Change the tablet to another one, for myself I tested a few cheap ones before I bought my Asus Nexus 7 II, this one works fine and has Android v6. I tested Nexus 7 I at first, could not get any signal from the camera with that one, after a while I realized that it had a poor resolution for this kind a job.

Well is also use asus nexus 7 from past year but i never experience the issue as you but i have some smart hacks that will you help you in fixing your camera issue:
- Go to Settings > Apps > and swipe along to ‘All’. Find the camera app you are having problems with, tap it, and in the next menu hit ‘Clear Cache’. Repeating the same process for the ‘gallery’ app has reportedly helped fix this issue also.
- Just make sure your Nexus 5 is running the latest version of Android
You can also check may other ideas in Asus Nexus 7 Manual.
2017-3-19
Use props
Anthony DeForge
New
Flight distance : 74318 ft

United States

Sometimes it is the simplest fix that we over look. I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet- DJI GO worked fine for about 10 flights and then stopped working. I tried everything including a-lot of the suggestions above without any success. I was about to give up when I ran across a YouTube video with a pilot that had the same tablet and same issue. Long story short- plug in USB to Tablet and controller. Turn on controller and drone, let DJI GO app launch.... then restart the TABLET.  BAM!!! It now recognizes the drone and app works fine. Now the downside- you have to do this each time before you fly. But it truly takes 10 to 15 seconds so not a big deal.
2017-7-24
Use props
Anthony DeForge
New
Flight distance : 74318 ft

United States

Sometimes it is the simplest fix that we over look. I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet- DJI GO worked fine for about 10 flights and then stopped working. I tried everything including a-lot of the suggestions above without any success. I was about to give up when I ran across a YouTube video with a pilot that had the same tablet and same issue. Long story short- plug in USB to Tablet and controller. Turn on controller and drone, let DJI GO app launch.... then restart the TABLET.  BAM!!! It now recognizes the drone and app works fine. Now the downside- you have to do this each time before you fly. But it truly takes 10 to 15 seconds so not a big deal.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans8e860650
New
Flight distance : 591 ft

United States

Can anyone give me a link to download the dji go 4 app outside the play store? It tells me my device isn't comparable but it has all the requirements. I see the link for dji go app but I need the dji go 4 app
2017-7-30
Use props
Yony Guti
New

Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 12:35
Here are the approved devices, problem is the GO app takes a lot pf processing power and needs a device with a really good processor. Using something sub-par possibly will not work.

iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

so... if I have a VOYAGER 7 TABLET..., even if it has ANDROID 5.0 (which is the tablet that I'm planning on buying), it means that I WILL NOT BE ABLET TO EVEN DOWNLOAD the GOPRO APP??? :O
2018-5-16
Use props
Yony Guti
New

Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 12:35

so... if I have a VOYAGER 7 TABLET (that has ANDROID 5.0 which is now the minimum processor that the App needs), will I be able to download the GOPRO APP? Please, answer this!
2018-5-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Yony Guti Posted at 2018-5-16 19:45
so... if I have a VOYAGER 7 TABLET (that has ANDROID 5.0 which is now the minimum processor that the App needs), will I be able to download the GOPRO APP? Please, answer this!

You're calling out to a profile that has not been active for almost a year in a thread that was last active almost as long ago and has nothing with GoPro to do.
Better start a new thread and ask what you need to ask, and be aware that the DJI app is called Go or Go4.
Take a look at apkpure.com while waiting.
2018-5-17
Use props
PhantomPhan
New

United States

Thanks to all the guys that invested their time finding these solutions.
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules