Playing Video on Various Computers and Social Media
1157 6 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roofman
lvl.1

United States

I have 2 PCs with WIN 7 that would not play the 2.7K MOV files, I assume because ofolder processors?   If I reset the camerato 1080P (assuming I can do this on a Phantom 3) are the files still saved as MOV files?  And might the videos play better on all PCs?

Lastly, any suggestions for uploading video to Facebook or Youtube?

2015-12-30
Use props
adam.jones
New

United States

I had the same issue when I first tried playing videos recorded from my P3S on Win10.  The video player showed what looked like the frame skewed diagonally, and a real mess.  The solution for me was to download VLC media player and play the videos with that software.  I suspect that the default Windows video player simply doesn't support the codec used when recording.

Those MOV files are pretty large, but if you can, go ahead and upload them to YouTube / Facebook at that size.  Those platforms will then transcode to multiple formats for you.  It's best to use the 'gold master' as the basis for transcoding so that you get the best result at each resolution.
2015-12-30
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Another good alternative to the VLC player is MPC-HC player MPC-HC player
2015-12-31
Use props
roofman
lvl.1

United States

adam.jones Posted at 2015-12-31 01:10
I had the same issue when I first tried playing videos recorded from my P3S on Win10.  The video pla ...

Hi Adam, do you have a recommended site to download that VLC media player from?  I see there are several.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can chage the video resolution all the way from 720 up to 4k. And you can save the files as MOV or MP4.
Most computers will not play 4k and some also 2.7k unless they are high end computers. My old 2011 Macbook would not play a 4k video, instead of buying a new computer I updated the RAM to 16gb and a 500gb SSD and now I can play 4k videos. it still stutters some but better than buying a new high dollar computer.
1080 should be plenty enough for Youtube and Facebook.
2015-12-31
Use props
adam.jones
New

United States

roofman Posted at 2015-12-31 11:39
Hi Adam, do you have a recommended site to download that VLC media player from?  I see there are s ...

I would recommend getting it directly from the VideoLAN site.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
2016-1-1
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

I use MPC-BE
Media Player Classic

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/
2016-1-2
Use props