2057 8 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hungddngo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31631 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]I just want to make this post to bring awareness to my current RMA repair situation with my Inspire 1 and DJI. I had updated to firmware 1.05 and the next day I flew it, going straight up to about 130 ft to take a photo, coming down slowly at about 83 ft all power shut off and it dropped like a rock. I've included pictures of the damage, everything is totaled.

[size=14.6667px]I sent an e-mail to DJI Support and got an RMA #, sent it in and they received it last week. Yesterday I got an invoice for the repair bill with no remarks, this morning I got the same invoice but with a remark that basically said "we checked the flight log and it crashed due to not updating the firmware." To me this smells like BS and I think I can prove it because I still have my microsd card that shows the firmware update successful logs as well as each of the battery that was updated. I also have the damaged battery but I am unsure how to check firmware on that as I cannot think of a way to safely power it up. I called DJI USA and they told me to reply to the e-mail I received my invoice from. I just find it odd that they came to this conclusion even though I initially stated what had happened and that I also updated to the firmware in my initial RMA claim.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]

Invoice

Invoice

Update Log

Update Log

Crash

Crash
IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6210.JPG
IMG_6211.JPG
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

hungddngo,
Sorry for your crash and experience with DJI. could you please provide your e-mail, so we will double check the result of a data analysis
2015-12-30
Use props
hungddngo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

my e-mail is hungddngo@gmail.com.  I've also attached a snapshot of flight log records that show the latest flight was very short and on 12/12, which at the time 1.06 firmware was not out yet.  Also please be advised that this post has been posted on a few RC forums as well as a couple of facebook user pages.  I will update with postiive feedback once I am done right.  Thanks

Flight log

Flight log
2015-12-31
Use props
munnecke
lvl.1

United States

I had nearly the identical experience with my Phantom 3.  I upgraded to 1.5, and on my first test flight, it dropped out of the sky in an uncommanded, uncontrollable very rapid descent.  It was very loud coming down, so it wasn't a battery problem.  I noticed some battery error messages, and then pixelated video on the way up.  The flight log ended before the crash.  I sent it in to DJI and got a repair bill because they said it was "pilot error.'   It took several days to get a hold of them, but they finally said that it was their warranty problem and they would fix it for free.  

It sure is discomforting to apply a firmware upgrade and have the aircraft fall out of the sky.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I made a post to you this afternoon but maybe I didn't hit enter.
Your Inspire will be repaired under warranty.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

munnecke@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-1 13:18
I had nearly the identical experience with my Phantom 3.  I upgraded to 1.5, and on my first test fl ...

I'm sorry about your crash and glad it was repaired under warranty.
Some people had an issue, but updates to 1.6 will resolve those issues
2015-12-31
Use props
hungddngo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dji-Ken, just a reminder about the TB47 battery as well, please let me know if you need me to e-mail the pictures and proof of purchase again.  Thanks!
2016-1-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hungddngo@gmail Posted at 2016-1-1 22:58
Thanks Dji-Ken, just a reminder about the TB47 battery as well, please let me know if you need me to ...

Just make a note in the email about the battery with a the photo. They will send you a new battery as well.
2016-1-2
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-1 06:44
I made a post to you this afternoon but maybe I didn't hit enter.
Your Inspire will be repaired unde ...

thats great news
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules