When I go into Camera View, It says "DISCONNECTED" and won't connect.
1491 14 2015-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CONTROL FREQ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3762346 ft
United States

Hello everyone.

I just got my P3P back from DJI from getting a new shell because of cracks in the old one. I went to my favorite open field and turned on the RC and my iPad and then the Phantom so I can calibrate the compass but it won't I can't get the camera view. It just says "DISCONNECTED". I turned the radio and the Phantom off and back on several times but still no cigar.

I even tried it with my Galaxy Note 4 and the same thing happens. I've used both the iPad and the Galaxy to fly the bird in the past so I'm not sure what's going on.

The Phantom is paired with the radio because I can start and fly and stop it with the controller but it just won't show up on my devices.

Also, the Note 4 and the iPad works just fine with my other Phantom and it's controller.

Is there something simple I'm just not doing ?

Thanks in advance.

2015-12-31
Use props
adminkatana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467113 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem the other day. I had not flown for a few weeks and the App would not let me enter Camera view. The App crashed each time I tried to do this.

In the end I fixed it by deleting and reinstalling the App (iOS) make sure you check your flight records are synced to the cloud first, mine didn't for some reason and I lost them all when deleting the App.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

have you tried a different USB cable. When you plug the USB cable in does the charge icon show up on your device? If so then the USB cable is working and it's another issue.
2015-12-31
Use props
CONTROL FREQ
lvl.3
United States

adminkatana Posted at 2015-12-31 15:18
I had the same problem the other day. I had not flown for a few weeks and the App would not let me e ...

i will try that.

thanks adminkatana.
2015-12-31
Use props
CONTROL FREQ
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 15:28
have you tried a different USB cable. When you plug the USB cable in does the charge icon show up on ...

yes. i tried the cord in my other controller for my other Phantom and it works fine.

i also used the cord directly from my PC to the iPad and it connects just fine.  

i also used my android cord for my Galaxy on the PC and the other Phantom and it also is connecting fine.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

And deleting the app and reinstalling didn't work? For some reason the app is not seeing the Phantom, only thing i can think of is the USB cable. But if you see the charge icon, then the app sees the controller.
Have toy tried re-linking the aircraft?
2015-12-31
Use props
CONTROL FREQ
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 16:31
And deleting the app and reinstalling didn't work? For some reason the app is not seeing the Phantom ...

i was trying to figure out how to save all of my data (flight records and stuff) from the app from my iPad before i delete the app and reinstall it.
does anyone have a clue?

thanks.

EDIT:

...also, that app works and recognizes the other Phantom on the same tablet just fine.  

if it sees the other Phantom, shouldn't it see this Phantom?

2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

From the home page of the app, tap the upper left icon (paper airplane) and then hit the cloud in the upper right. If you fly on multiple devices, you have to do this for each one.
2015-12-31
Use props
CONTROL FREQ
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 17:46
From the home page of the app, tap the upper left icon (paper airplane) and then hit the cloud in th ...

that was it guys!!

i just had to update the software in the DJI Go App!

thanks to everyone!!  
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CONTROL FREQ Posted at 2016-1-1 07:22
that was it guys!!

i just had to update the software in the DJI Go App!

Glad you are up and running.
2015-12-31
Use props
adminkatana
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-1 01:27
Glad you are up and running.

DJI-Ken, I had to delete the app the other day to get it to connect. And for whatever reason my flight records had not synced to the cloud.

I have them saved to my PC in .txt form. Is there anyway to get them back onto the app? Thank you.
2016-1-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

adminkatana Posted at 2016-1-1 04:56
DJI-Ken, I had to delete the app the other day to get it to connect. And for whatever reason my fl ...

I do not believe you can copy them from the computer to the app
2016-1-1
Use props
adminkatana
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-2 06:10
I do not believe you can copy them from the computer to the app

Ah, ok. Thank you for getting back to me.
2016-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

adminkatana Posted at 2016-1-2 04:19
Ah, ok. Thank you for getting back to me.

Their may be times wher you have to delete the app so you always sync your flight records to the cloud after every flight or at least once a week.
Also, what if your device breaks or you lose it, at least if you sync every flight you won't lose any flight records.
2016-1-2
Use props
MD101
New

United States

Sorry I followed wrong post. No way to delete it. LOL
2016-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules