Inspire battery faults
924 2 2015-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, I've started to use the Inspire again after a 6 month layup (major DIY project) but having problems with 3 of the batteries 2 x 5700 and 1 x 4800, only my new 5700 battery takes a charge. I updated the Inspire FW from 02 to 05 and the RC (FW 03 by sim, 04,05 via DJI GO) all is great. But:

1. One of the 5700 flashes 1 green light then charges in 5 seconds all the lights come on then it switches off, fitted it to the Inspire but there is not enough power to start the Inspire up I've plugged it in and out a few time and it started to charge, this one is working and FW updated.

2.  The other 5700 switched on got healthy red light plus one green light won't take a charge after being on for 2 hours and won't switch off!! I left it as it was ( as I can't do anything else ) for 12hrs and tried to charge it again same fault, again not enough to power up the Inspire!!, this battery is now completely dead not even a glow from the red light.

3. The 4800 doesn't want to charge, healthy red light but sits flashing 1 green light and also won't switch off, also will not start up the inspire, .

Both the chargers are working ( original supplied) as this was proven with the new battery and the only other 5700 that was recovered. I don't want to if possible throw away £350 ($500) so any help would be warmly welcomed. Is there anywhere in the UK these can be repaired if all other option fails.
Cheers   
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since your batteries are out of warranty, there is some Youtube videos out there showing how to reset the battery but it involves getting into the battery.
2015-12-31
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Ken , I've no joy in finding anything could you please drop me a link please, thanks
2016-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules