Battery error and freefall
1600 8 2015-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shauttra
lvl.2

Latvia

Hi there!
I have almost new Phantom, i made less than 10 flights, and today i crashed it...
Battery was about 80%, GPS mode and suddenly at 150m altitude on controller appeared warning - battery error and image freezed. Phantom had freefall from 150m, and you can guess what happens...
As far as i know there are not complete log files about this event, everything stops at the moment when battery error appears, including flight video.
Is this question about warranty? As i know it is  common problem whith Phantoms...

Happy New Year to all!!!
Janis.

2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss, The full flight records can be extracted from the aircraft and uploaded to Dpoxbox fro evaluation and possibly warranty if you have a service center by you.
Go to the support and start a ticket. http://www.dji.com/support

Use the DJI Pilot app to enter "Flight Data Mode".  

1. Click the top right corner of the main screen to enter the settings menu.
2. Choose the blue highlight icon to enter the MC Settings menu.

3. Select Advanced Settings.
4. Select "Enter flight data mode".

There will be a prompt that tells you to connect the Phantom 3 via USB cable and you will be in flight data mode.
A drive will show up on your computer that contains a log file for the most recent times you have turned on your

Only upload the last flight with the issue to Dropbox.

2015-12-31
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did you take off with an 80% battery or start the flight with a 100% battery?
2015-12-31
Use props
shauttra
lvl.2

Germany

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-1-1 02:48
Did you take off with an 80% battery or start the flight with a 100% battery?

It was second short flight in that day, so battery was at 80%. Crash happened 47 seconds after take off...
2015-12-31
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

shauttra Posted at 2016-1-1 15:48
It was second short flight in that day, so battery was at 80%. Crash happened 47 seconds after take ...

Ive wondered about this and the must fly with a 100% charge doctrine , how will this effect flying 3-4 short flights over the course of the day , does this mean after the first flight you risk crashing because of not being 100% charge  , should each flight ALWAYS take off with 100% charge .
2015-12-31
Use props
shauttra
lvl.2

Germany

Here are few pics from crash. Regarding log file last recorded max altitude was 200m.. Any way construction looks strong, 3 props are broken, one leg, and gimbal.
I send report to DJI support, so waiting for answer.

2015-12-31
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Same happen to me bro. P3p on 1.05 fw and I thought 100%on less then wk old batts and bird. Showed 50% when loss power and fell from sky. Now in limbo at Dji
2016-1-1
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

shauttra Posted at 2015-12-31 22:48
It was second short flight in that day, so battery was at 80%. Crash happened 47 seconds after take ...

I deliberately made a test flight with a partial battery charge and the same thing happen.  App said the battery was critical 45 seconds after take-off and the Phantom made a forced landing.  I am still trying to figure out if this is temperature related 'cause I don't recall this happening in the summer time.
2016-1-1
Use props
shauttra
lvl.2

Germany

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-1-2 01:40
I deliberately made a test flight with a partial battery charge and the same thing happen.  App sai ...

It sounds strangely, even stupid, why we can not fly with half battery? In one charge cycle i made 2 or 3 flights. I need to film few objects in day, but i dont need to spend lot of time on them, just few circles above and than i move to another object.
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules