How do I update the individual batteries
840 4 2015-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhayhurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904442 ft
United States

I have a P3 Pro, and 3 batteries.  How do I update each battery?

Thanks.
2015-12-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You load the latest firmware BIN file onto the SD card, simplest way is to use the one that came with the aircraft, and put the SD card into the slot on the gimbal. Then put each battery in turn into thje aircraft and power up the aircraft. It should go throught the update process for each battery.
2015-12-31
Use props
rogergolub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-12-31 16:32
You load the latest firmware BIN file onto the SD card, simplest way is to use the one that came wit ...

Yes.  It should only take a few minutes.  Look for the tiny little LED on the front of the gimbal to switch to solid green.  Once it turns green, turn the Phantom off, switch batteries and repeat until you are done.

If you are wondering if it actually worked, look at the P3X_FW_LOG_AB.TXT file on the SD card.  It should list out **Success for each of the batteries.
2015-12-31
Use props
rhayhurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904442 ft
United States

rogergolub Posted at 2015-12-31 20:32
Yes.  It should only take a few minutes.  Look for the tiny little LED on the front of the gimbal  ...

Thank you very much for taking the time to write, your reply has clarified something that I had been wondering about, and had not found covered in the DJI Manual.  Could have missed it though!
2016-1-2
Use props
rogergolub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

rhayhurst@mac.c Posted at 2016-1-2 10:25
Thank you very much for taking the time to write, your reply has clarified something that I had be ...

You're welcome.  One of DJI's bad habits is lack of attention to detail in terms of documentation.  That's why these forums are so useful.
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules