Entering Travel Mode without Remote Controller?
3494 3 2016-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Medema
New
Flight distance : 306959 ft
United States

Background:
• Inspire 1 crashed due to battery failure (battery power dropped from 4 min to 0 min in less than 1 second).
• Gimbal, camera and mounting plate ripped off when it crashed, ribbon cables ripped off as well
• Sensors and downward-facing camera still attached and appear to be undamaged
• Trying now to prepare the aircraft for shipment to DJI for repair
• Aircraft is in Flight Mode, but I need to get it into Travel mode for shipment

Situation:
• Aircraft appears to enter startup sequence normally
• Both the DJI Go app and the iOS are up to date (DJI Go is v2.4.3-2396 and iOS is v9.2)
• Remote Control and DJI Go app start up normally on my iPad 2 Air until...
• The DJI GO app crashes when I tap the "Camera" button
• Not being able to enter the DJI Go app prevents me from entering Camera view - something I need to do so I can tell the Inspire to transform into Travel Mode

Questions:
• Why is the DJI Go app crashing and is there anything I can to do fix it?
• I've thought about simply deleting the DJI Go app and reinstalling a fresh copy, but that...
   - will delete my entire flight history from the app (right?) and
   - may not solve the issue with the app crashing anyway since both pieces of software are up to date
• Is there a way to coax the Inspire into Travel Mode without needing the Remote Control and iPad to do it?

On a final note, it sure would be nice to have some local, if not regional authorized DJI service centers in the Minneapolis, MN area. Sending the Inspire to Los Angeles is quite costly and time-consuming. It's like sending a Ford F-150 back to Detroit when it needs service.

Hope someone can help!

Jim

2016-1-1
Use props
jaymax97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168091 ft
French Polynesia

Have you tried turning on the craft and remote and then toggling the landing gear switch 6 times or so? Make sure it's on a bright reflective surface too.
2016-1-1
Use props
Jim Medema
New
Flight distance : 306959 ft
United States

jaymax97 Posted at 2016-1-1 13:12
Have you tried turning on the craft and remote and then toggling the landing gear switch 6 times or  ...

Bingo! Or should I say "Doh!"

Since I purchased a heavy-duty GPC case for the Inspire - the one that allows me to leave the Inspire in Flight Mode all the time - I haven't had to go into/out of Travel Mode. I completely forgot that you could change the mode like that!

I am thankful and, to be honest, more than a little embarrassed. THANK you, jaymax97!

Jim
2016-1-1
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Nice travel mode hack Paul. I never would have thought of that.
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules