Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No GPS Lock after unplanned Return to Home Crash
1055 4 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flight
New
Flight distance : 3917 ft
United States

I purchased a a Phantom 2 +at the end of November.

I have had several successful flights, but a few days ago, the Phantom decided to fly home, even though there was no battery warning (that I had seen before on prior flights). The flight started with a compass calibration and 6 or more satellite lock.

The Phantom ended up flying into some trees and fell through the tree about 20 - 30 ft. The rotor guards broke, and a couple of props were damaged. After removing the prop guards and and replacing the props, the Phantom appears to fly well, but I can not get a GPS lock.

What can I do to to troubleshoot the GPS?

Thanks

2014-12-29
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

Can you open the shell and see if the GPS cable is disconnected?
Also you could inspect the GPS unit itself (on top, under the insulation) and see if it looks ok.
2014-12-30
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If the GPS cable is disconnected the motors want spool up, but perhaps a loose connection.
2014-12-30
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Increase RTH altitude, mine is 150 feet.
2014-12-30
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The GPS antenna is ceramic and most likely cracked in your crash. You can check it by removing the top boby half. Under the large piece of foil tape is the GPS unit. It is attached with 4 small screws. You need to remove that to check the antenna. If it is cracked, you need to replace it. You can get a complete GPS unit for about $165.00 or just the ceramic antenna for about $4.00 if you have the ability to do that.
2014-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules