FC-40 Conversion to 2.4ghz
743 0 2016-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lee3
New

United States

I recently wanted to achieve a lower latency FPV system on my FC-40.  After reading up on how FPV and the FC-40 both work, I proceeded to plan out a build.  However as you may know the FC-40 operates on 5.8Ghz to allow for the underpowered 2.4Ghz(wifi) FPV.  This was a problem because practically all the FPV Tx/Rx in my price range were on the 5.8Ghz wavelength.  So I decided to convert my FC-40 to 2.4ghz for compatibility with the ubiquitous 5.8Ghz FPV systems.  After doing more research I found that if I switch the reciever with that of the Phantom 2(2.4Ghz) and buy a DJ6 TX (also 2.4Ghz), then essentially, I should have a working Phantom 1.  I have now installed the RX and bought the TX.  The RX I bought (DJI name-brand) quickly turns yellow then solid red.  Once I press the binding button it does not blink yellow like it should but instead blinks red, while the aircraft still gives the no signal LED code.  However, when I turn on the TX, the Rx turns solid green.  From this fact I think that they are communicating but for some reason the RX is not working in unison with the MC. When I plug in the old 5.8Ghz RX and TX the aricraft still gives a no signal LED code.  I have calibrated the TX using the RC assistant software and it appears to be working.  I have also plugged in the Aircraft to the NAZA assistant software and it is acting normal in so far as the gyroscopes are giving realtime feedback and I completed an accelerometer calibration and motor test.  Any tips for geting this sucker to work?  I was super excited to get it up and running with some new multistar LIPOs, 9" Carbon props and a GoPro fed FPV with gimbal.
2016-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules