When is video recorded to the SD card?
5634 10 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CopterFlyer
New

United States

I am having trouble figuring out how and when the Phantom 2 Vision records video to the on-board SD card.  I have taken several flights and pressed 'record' on the DJI Vision App to record a video.  My iPod tells me how many minutes have been recorded and the red light is flashing during the recording, so that all looks like it's going okay.  When I land the copter and power it down, however, I cannot see the recordings anymore on my iPod in the 'Album' area or anywhere else.  I think I was able to play back the video while the copter was powered up and the link was intact.  More surprisingly, when I take the SD card out of the aircraft and put it in an SD card reader on my PC, it is totally empty.  Any ideas on why I can't find the videos on the SD card?  Doesn't the device sync the video files from the camera to the iPod or is there a way to do this manually?  Also, is there an easy way of getting the video files off the iPod or (once I figure out how to get them onto the SD card) is it just easier to take the card out of the camera and transfer it to my PC?  Thanks in advance.
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Are you powering down the Phantom BEFORE you tap the video camera on your screen to stop the video?
2014-12-29
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 Android, and when I am recording footage from the drone's camera it is recording onto the CAMERA's card.  I have to take the card out and slip it into an adapter and stick it into the front of my PC, and it works fine.  Sometimes, it will say "unable to play video" and at that point I slide the card back into the camera, turn it on, power up the Phantom, and after a few secs---the video is restored and ready to view on pc---no problem.
I have not enabled my "album" feature yet, so I can't provide any insight on that.

It almost sounds like YOU might be recording to the phone's card....I don't even know if that's possible with mine.
2014-12-29
Use props
jcocci
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1029364 ft
  • >>>
United States

It doesn't sync automatically, you have to download them from the card to you phone or computer. Not sure why you aren;t seeing the files on the card when you take it out of the Phantom and put it in your computer.
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jcocci@mac.com Posted at 2014-12-30 12:44
It doesn't sync automatically, you have to download them from the card to you phone or computer. Not ...

If you shut off the battery in the Phantom before you stop the video, that will corrupt the video.
2014-12-29
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

You can also transfer the contents of camera's memory card using the WIFI---directly to a smartphone.  Power on the Phantom, camera, wifi, and enable data-sharing on phone via wifi with nearby devices.  
2014-12-29
Use props
hot08busa
New

United States

If you find any help let me know mine is doing the same thing
2015-6-15
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

The video recorded by the camera does NOT record in any way on the mobile device you used for flight data.  The only video you see on the mobile device is the FPV and nothing is recorded.  The recording happens 100% on the SD Card.  On the P2, you HAVE to turn off video recording by pressing the video button in the app BEFORE you shut the battery off.  If you don't, the file will either vanish or will be corrupted.

To transfer the files, you either have to remove the SD Card and plug it in to a card reader connected to your computer, or I believe you can also plug the computer directly to the USB port on the Phantom and transfer it directly from the SD Card while it's still in the camera.

Dan
2015-6-15
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

When I first got my p2v+v3 in Feb I had no problems
With the recordings I shot but  now when I
Try to watch them through the app it just says cannot play video.
I now have to use the laptop to find the files
2015-6-22
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

When it normally says it can't play the video it's due to the file not being closed. That normally happens when the power is shut off and it was still recording. Happens to me a various time as I am getting forgetful to turn off the video before I shut off my Phantom. I now use a third part app that start recording when I start the motors and stops recording when the motors stop. Keeps me from forgetting. There are programs put out by DJI to repair a video file that didn't close properly. Get it and try on one of yours. If it works you will have your answer!
2015-6-24
Use props
wesleyleu
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi everyone, I know this is an old post but I have a similar issue. It seems like for some reason, I can't playback video files from the vision app, or transfer them to my phone. It just shows a grey dji logo on all the video files. But strangely, the photo files work fine. I'm able to view the photos taken, and transfer them to my photo album on my iPhone. Ive tried changing SD cards, but they all have the same problem. Unlike the original post, I'm able to extract all the video files when I insert the SD card to my laptop. Its the phone app that is giving me trouble. Has anyone encountered this? Flying the vision plus btw. Thanks!
2015-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules