Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Record audio with DJI GO?
12552 16 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a way to record audio while recording video during flight? I know you can add audio in post production, but what I'm looking for is "live" sound during the actual video recording. Audio recorded at my mobile device....not at the aircraft.

2016-1-2
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

Are you serious ?   Do you really think audio would work with the sound of 47,000 bees  flying around a microphone ?
2016-1-2
Use props
dduncan1978
lvl.1

United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-1-2 07:42
Are you serious ?   Do you really think audio would work with the sound of 47,000 bees  flying aroun ...

sure its not 47,100 bees?
2016-1-2
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-1-2 13:42
Are you serious ?   Do you really think audio would work with the sound of 47,000 bees  flying aroun ...

I'm guessing he wants to add audio from his tablet device....perhaps commentary from the ground ?
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-2
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flipperman Posted at 2016-1-2 09:54
I'm guessing he wants to add audio from his tablet device....perhaps commentary from the ground ?

Thank you Flipperman! I don't want to record the sounds the drone makes. ( I guess I needed to be more specific). I want to record environmental sounds and commentary  for documentaries.  
2016-1-2
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

There are a LOT of recorders out there for sound only. Also you can use your phone to record audio and add in post after that.
I did a small aerial shot for a friend for a reception and he HATED the drone sound recorded on the GH4 camera on the ground. Your ear hears the sound different from a mic. Use your phone as a test and see if is worth it to invest in sound recorders.
2016-1-2
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Agree! It would be great to be able to record/sync audio using DJI GO app dedicated for Phantom or Inspire footage or OSMO too! I am sure it should be appreciated from the most of DJI customers.
Just my opinion as Phantom and OSMO owner
2016-1-2
Use props
Hailstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-1-3 02:42

I know what you are saying. But it would still be good to have the option of a mic on the Inspire, if it doesn't sound right turn it off. We don't know it might not be that bad. If you angle the microphone downwards, or have a mic with a special filter. Anyway, the guy said at mobile devise not aircraft, read it.
2016-2-17
Use props
InsaneLion
New

United States

Hi there, what did you end up doing for ground recording?
2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InsaneLion Posted at 2016-3-21 17:42
Hi there, what did you end up doing for ground recording?

I used sound recorder on the phone
2016-3-21
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

The VPS is the reason DJI removed the mic. Record a video on your phone right beside the phantom while its on, the results will be horrible.
2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-21 19:16
The VPS is the reason DJI removed the mic. Record a video on your phone right beside the phantom whi ...

Yes for the short time the aircraft is close to you. But you fly it away you can make comments about what your quad is seeing and catch the ambient sounds of the environment to add to your post production work.
2016-3-23
Use props
Sajid Shah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Boss You can Use ! Digital Audio Recorder ) To Capture Sound  Around You To Use In Videos .. ill do that its awesome cause in video mixing can Sync audio ..But DJI App or device cant capture SOUND..
2016-3-23
Use props
imran2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-1-2 21:42

Hi everyone. My second post I think but I had to speak up to the person behind this post response.

To paraphrase you, "Are YOU serious?"

You should read and understand a question before making an unhelpful snide remark... Amazing.

The original poster clearly wrote:  Audio recorded at my mobile device....not at the aircraft.

That is what I am looking to do also which is why I found this thread. I am planning to use an iPhone audio recording app (and also experiment with an external digital recorder) but was checking to see what other expert users have found effective.

The times I do a FaceBook Live stream the audio from that FaceBook video is not usable because bandwidth or other issues can make the FB video drop many seconds of frames throughout the video.

Also, separately, even if the original question was about recording audio right on the camera, what is the point of a useless insulting response to someone especially if you do not have the answer?

FYI, with the right engineering someone could even make possible audio recordings right on the drone camera because a narrow range of "buzzing bees" sounds would not be rocket science to create noise cancelling audio filters to block out.

Having said that, I look forward to learning from others' experiences here.

IMRAN
2016-7-25
Use props
AEKron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25548 ft
United States

Old post I know, but I like the sound of my Phantom2 from the GoPro. Sometimes when I'm watching a video I fall asleep!
2017-3-28
Use props
fansd131bd0e
lvl.1
United States

i'm having same concerns, just TIRED of trying to sync the audio properly instead of just having DJI app starting/stopping it along with video recording right on the device....
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules