Post Your Preflight checklist
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

Ok, my P3A is ordered and I have been reading a lot of this forum as well as the DJI site.  There is a lot of information to take in here.  I was hoping to see some of the preflight checklists you guys carry with you to make sure everything is in working order before you fly.  That way I can put all this information in one place and hopefully have a safe maiden voyage and continued safe voyages after that.  Thank you for sharing.
2016-1-2
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Pre-flight checklist for you which can be printed out double sided to save space. If you can laminate it then you can tick off the items with a grease pencil and wipe off for later use

Pre-flight checklist
2016-1-2
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That's a great check list for the Drone it's self.

But I feel it's very important to understand the location/terrain your flying in and the Weather. Firstly I check the weather apps such as Yahoo weather, plus I use an app called UAV Forecast which you can set the parameters for your drone and it will tell you if your drone is safe to fly showing you all the information needed from windspeed to cloud coverage etc... Next I make this up with a cheap handheld Anemometer to check the wind speed myself. I'm very cautious over windspeed as I nearly lost my bird to a strong head wind :S

Secondly the location is very important to understand before flying, make sure you understand the types of hazards around such tree's buildings etc... important to set your RTH height adjusting to your surroundings.  Check your landing zone is nice and clear as there has been problems with the RTH and the drone jumping up to height with low power warnings so just make sure there is nothing around to harm your drone.

Once I've given the ok to the weather and terrain I normally plan where I like to fly just to make sure I'm clear of obstacles, then when I get a understanding off the location I get more relaxed. I just read the horror stories of crashes on here and i'm very protective where i'll fly my bird.   
2016-1-2
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-2 14:58
That's a great check list for the Drone it's self.

But I feel it's very important to understand the ...

Great additions there Bat Drone! Do you have a "maximum windspeed" at which you won't fly? (an "over/under")  I'm awaiting delivery of my P3P, so I'm trying to kill the time by soaking in as much "real world experience" as you folks will share.

Thanks in advance!
2016-1-2
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

davidlwoodall@g Posted at 2016-1-2 21:04
Great additions there Bat Drone! Do you have a "maximum windspeed" at which you won't fly? (an "ov ...

I believe DJI recommends 22 mph, which living on the seaside one minute it's a nice breeze at 12mph and then we just get these random gust over 25 !! So I like to be cautious. What I like about the UAV Forecaster app you can select your altitude you want to see the wind speed at. So using that at 400 mph and then my Anemometer on the ground I can kind of gauge the Avg. Wind speed and see If it's ok.

I got into trouble when the wind got to about 35/30 mph at around 350 ft, I switched the RTH but the drone carried on going backwards to I can to put in manual mode to drop down low and then fly in but the wind speed does change a lot at such short altitudes.

Bring on the summer !!!
2016-1-2
Use props
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

ok Guys I see people posting their checklist on different posts around the forums, lets get them all here in one area.  I think it is helpful for everyone
2016-1-2
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

I do this:
- gas, yes.
- smokes, yes
- lighter, yes
- cell phone, yes
- drone and RC, yes
let's go.
Crap! forgot my IPAD home, turn back.
2016-1-2
Use props
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

I love reading all this information on the forums, I wanna be that guy who takes his maiden flight with a wealth of information.  So please add more preflight checklists if you have them, and any other opinions on what to do before flying.  Going to absorb all of this.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please read the manual before your flight : http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
And also , hope the compilation will help : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=145141
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules