Inspire 1 (x3 Camera) Noisy Video??
2240 9 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJspencer
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

As we all know, the x3 camera isn't the best out there but I'm trying to get the best quality video I can from it. I've got all the new updates with the colour options (D-Log, D-Cinelike...etc). I'm shooting 1080p 50fps, D-Log to give me the best possible options for colour correction/grading in Final Cut Pro X. Thats all okay. But I'm getting a lot of noise in the video and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or just not doing...? Is there any way to get a clear, crisp image?

Also is there any way in Manual Mode, to lock the the ISO and Shutter and adjust only the EV using the 'Camera Setting Dial'?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
James

2016-1-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Noticed during cloudy or darker times, noise becomes a lot more apparent. But someone here should have a remedy for it with some Camera settings.
2016-1-2
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would say, with the latest firmware upgrade, film in NTSC to get the best bitrate (40 Mbps) for  the least compression noise, and keep the ISO at 100. Use the histogram to control exposure.
2016-1-2
Use props
pa.hug2012
lvl.1
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United Kingdom

What is the speed of your micro SD card?
2016-1-2
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Are you talking about interference, or are you talking about a grainy image?  If it's grainy, check your ISO setting.  You might be shooting really high ISO.  Pressing the right wheel toggles ISO/shutter speed
2016-1-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Starship Posted at 2016-1-2 18:17
Are you talking about interference, or are you talking about a grainy image?  If it's grainy, check  ...

I believe hes talking about grainy image. Indeed, the ISO will help
2016-1-2
Use props
JJspencer
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
I didn't realise the speed of the card made a difference to the image quality, only the read & write speed. Writing that down now makes sense. Regardless, I was using a SanDisk 32gb 48MB/s micro SD card.

As for the ISO/Shutter, What is the native ISO for this camera? I was in Italian sunshine in June so light wasn't an issue. In the conditions i was in I would normally set the ISO to 800 and the Shutter 1/50 and then control the aperture, f-stop (assuming this is EV on this camera) for various light conditions. This isn't the case with this camera even in full manual mode. Is there any way in which I can set the ISO & Shutter then adjust the EV without changing either ISO or shutter? The camera doesn't seem to act like any other camera I've worked with before.

Thanks
2016-1-4
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

JJspencer Posted at 2016-1-4 13:42
Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
I didn't realise the speed of the card made a difference to the image  ...

Isen't 800 iso very high,  i always try to keep iso as low as possible (usually 100 iso)
2016-1-4
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

kvamens Posted at 2016-1-4 13:23
Isen't 800 iso very high,  i always try to keep iso as low as possible (usually 100 iso)

Me too.  I also shoot digital SLR, and try to keep the ISO as low as I can for the action.  The higher the ISO the more noise.  I have shot at 800 ISO.  But I also have programs to remove high ISO noise.  400 ISO is usually good enough at F11 to keep the shutter speed high enough for what I shoot .....

This was shot at 800 ISO, because it was almost dusk, as you can see by the angle of the light.
On the Inspire, I like to keep the ISO at 100, and use an ND16 filter in bright light.  That allows slower shutter to make the video less jelloish.
2016-1-4
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Starship Posted at 2016-1-4 21:22
Me too.  I also shoot digital SLR, and try to keep the ISO as low as I can for the action.  The hig ...

Great photo
2016-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules