Spain

I have the same problem. Trying lot Of things
2016-1-2
Use props
mikejbyrne
New

Australia

Hi,
Same for me ;( No signal error and drone showing as "Professional" when actually " advanced???

I have a advanced Phantom purchased from DJI website on the 18 December 2015. I have logged approx 5 flights and I recently tried to fly my drone but unfortunately it has “Signal Error”.

I have updated to the latest firmware for both Drone and RC before any flights. I am unsure what the issue is and obviously cannot take any pictures or video. I have searched the forums and attempted a number of resets, firmware downgrades and cables (including other devices – moved from iPad mini to iPhone to check).

* I have tried reinstalling DJI iOS App (even used android and different iOS device)
* Linked RC again
* Calibrated Gimbal and IMU
* Different reformatted SD Card
* New iPad cable to RC
* Firmware update to latest (confirmed for advanced version - not professional)
* Checked physical wiring from outside
*reseated cables from drone to gimbal (as per DJI support request)

Something very different from my first flight is that I noticed my go app registers the drone as a "Professional" and not "advanced" (it used to show as advanced phantom)??

I also have the same issue some people report re the gimbal going limp about 10 seconds after boot up. I can control it during this boot up phase. In addition to this, if I put in SD card (formatted on so many different machines at least one should have worked if this was it) it seems to reset (plugged drone into PC via micro-usb to check) every few seconds. This seems to demonstrate that some issue with camera / gimbal?

Please also note I can fly the drone no problem, but I have "no signal" and no therefore no video feed.

I unfortunately don't have the text file output, I accidentally deleted it when reformatting the SD card after firmware update to make sure it was clean before I flew again. Now I can't get the SD card to downgrade or upgrade firmware as its not registering correctly (the SD card that is). I can try multiple types of SD with same outcome. I also tried to force reinstall by holding in drone RC link at boot (read somewhere this will force firmware update).

I reckon I have burned about 2 solid days diagnosing this awesome (but totally crap) device.

Getting desperate now, any help appreciated!

Mike
Sydney, Australia
2016-1-2
Use props
dnasun
lvl.1
Ireland

mikejbyrne Posted at 2016-1-3 04:14
Hi,
Same for me ;( No signal error and drone showing as "Professional" when actually " advanced???

Just like at my one.. and the other couple hundred..or thousand people the same problem..
I was thinking, It could be a VIRUS.
Which not let to do any video records.. for some reason, because to fly is no problem.
2016-1-3
Use props
bamkrojas
lvl.1

Peru

Henoye tener muchas paciencia
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please try to reset the RC this way .  Keep C1+C2+Video recording button pressed and turn off the RC . Keep the three buttons pressed and turn on the RC . Please contact your dealer or support center if that won't work .
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-7 01:41
What file would he download if he owns  a Phantom 4k and not a professional?  I see this guy is hav ...

Thanks Donnie . I've double checked that there's no firmware upgrade for Phantom 3 4K at that moment .
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules