1345 7 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Guys,

I am looking to get a Peli case for my Inspire 1 for international travel and checking into aircraft holds etc, but would like to build in some flexibility just in case I upgrade in the future to a Pro version with the x5 gimbal and longer legs.

Can anyone who has both versions confirm the increase in leg height in mm and if the Pro version with X5 gimbal attached would actually fit into a same slot as the original Inspire with x3 gimbal.  I would be looking for a set up that has the aircraft in travel mode to reduce the overall height.

Any comments welcome.
2016-1-2
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I'm still looking into a travel mode case for my Pro.
Any suggestions would be welcome, although I like the HPRC set up with two storage areas for the extra lenses I'm carrying.
2016-1-3
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

See my post 'aircraft hold case' within my profile, it may just assist if the hard shell case for the inspire 1 and pro are the same.

Phil
2016-1-3
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ok  guys heres and update:

I have now commissioned a manufacturer to make a custom foam insert that will fit a Peli im2875 case.  This Peli case is big enough to put the original DJI case into it complete just to give you an idea of size.  

At this moment, I have the foam designed to suit my purposes and will post a photo once I have the completed case, which will probably be 3-4 weeks.  Then if anyone would like just the foam insert, I can carry out some tweaks add a second controller etc. if necessary.  If theres interest I will then sell a generic foam insert for the Peli.

The foam insert will be a Travel mode for the Inspire.

Please contact me if interested.
2016-9-16
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just as an additional point, although I have an Inspire 1, I have made the technical design allowances so that an Inspire Pro with the larger gimbal damper should fit this custom foam insert.

Once I get my complete case and foam manufactured, I will post photos.
2016-9-16
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing the results
2016-9-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Linolens Posted at 2016-1-3 22:55
I'm still looking into a travel mode case for my Pro.
Any suggestions would be welcome, although I l ...

No room for ther extra lenses, but this is an awesome case at a very good price. Holds bird, 2 remotes, 6 batteries and 1 Ipad.
It is the same size as the stock case without zipper or cheesey handle to break.
The foam is a great fit and case shell is hard. Not waterproof, but not $450.00 either!
I have had mine for 7 months and it still looks like it did the day I got it.
Caseman: http://www.caseman.com/product/DRCS1E.html

2016-9-16
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Here are the photos of my custom foam insert for the Peli im2875 case for my Inspire1 as promised.
It is designed so that the Inspire2 should fit, although I haven't been able to try one in it to confirm.  I can get the foam re-cut if necessary without the two way radio cutouts that I have (bottom right).  It also holds up to 6 batteries and 7th in the aircraft.  I dont use a second controller so have maximised the space.  Again if someone was really interested I could get the supplier to remove the radios and insert a second controller cutout.  It will also hold two full sets of props in the top cut out.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg IMG_2060.jpg

2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules