iPhone 6 Issues (battery drain)
123Next >
12238 113 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukasphantom
lvl.1

Austria

Absolute nonsense! Sure it is a DJI thing, I am using my iPhone a lot outside in the cold in winter and this never happens to me, only when I am actively using DJI Go app. I am quite sure this is easy to reproduce, the app developers only need to give it a try. It annoys because you just can't go for flying without an extra battery pack for your iPhone!
2016-1-27
Use props
ROKKIT44
New

Canada

You can add me to this list as well. I have the same issue. It has nothing to do with the cold weather as I tried this out last night inside my home. I didn't fly, but had the app running while connected to my craft. I played around with photo and video settings and within 20 minutes, I had lost over half my iPhone battery. When I plugged the phone into the wall charger it immediately came up as having lost only 15% +/-. There is clearly something going on with the app to make the phone think it is losing more battery than it actually is.

This is a safety issue as much as it is anything else. No one should rely on FPV alone, but it definitely helps when you are further out. Any information on what the cause may be and when an update may be coming would be greatly appreciated.

2016-1-27
Use props
dpdurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265830 ft
United States

Deleted and moved to the thread with Android device and battery drain
2016-1-27
Use props
rburke11
lvl.1

United States

I've since returned my Standard and bought an Advanced, deleted the app and reinstalled. Still had the same problem with the Iphone 6. I've now bought an Ipad Mini 2 and can run a 20 min flight with loss of about 5% battery.
2016-1-28
Use props
pablotibis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50932 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, yesterday I had a bad experience with DJI OSMO Iphone and 6, I was recording, I would record 10min and then iphone battery 78%, after alert of less than 10% and then immediately off iphone. I left a little rest after the iphone and 5-10min start the phone and battery back 75% and then she has not done. I do not understand why they have problems with this application, with the other phone works perfectly.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

rburke11 Posted at 2016-1-29 05:32
I've since returned my Standard and bought an Advanced, deleted the app and reinstalled. Still had t ...

Yes, the next firmware update will address the iPhone6 battery drain.
2016-2-1
Use props
wklaehn
lvl.1

United States

mrbrandonweber Posted at 2016-1-5 13:52
Same here but I thought it was due to cold weather.

This is what I thought too...standing on the river flying my phantom by a bridge about 600 feet away at 25% battery on the phantom when BAM black screen. (Iphone 6S Plus) had been at 40-50% battery before the flight....
So then I ran to the bridge, and slowly reoriented the phantom with me and glided her home....Almost got to upgrade to the Inspire lol
2016-2-2
Use props
rkladis
New

United States

Any help would be great. I'm having the exact same problems.
2016-2-6
Use props
jiaweihsu
New

United States

Today is the third time I flew my P3P and all 3 times my iPhone 6 battery went down from 90% to 10% in less than 10 minutes. Today I had a friend with me who also owns a P3P so he has DJI GO app on his Android phone; he used his phone to run my P3P and we flew for about 20 minutes, at the end his Samsung S6 still has 90% of juice in it.
2016-2-7
Use props
Podsafepilot
New
Flight distance : 626555 ft
Germany

Ok. I´d like to chime in on this as well. I´ve done some testing over the last few days. My iPhone 6 with ios 9.2.1 dies after not even 20 mins even when fully charged to a 100%. As expected, my iPad Air2 with ios 9.2.1 lasts longer, but only for about 2-3 batterys worth of flying time. Then it dies as well.
BUT: My old Ipad mini1, also with ios 9.2.1 lasts all day. I´ve used up all my 4 batterys for the phantom and and the ipad mini still stands at about 80%.
Don´t know what to think of that.

Also i have tested litchi and autopilot apps. These apps seem to have no problem at all, regardless the device.

All testflights were done by hovering still in my backyard. I did not want to lose connection unexpected.
2016-2-7
Use props
SeeN?
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23504 ft
Germany

Same problem here. Happy that its not my iPhone that is broken. I even tried various powerbanks. One from Anker with 2,4A out and the iPhone did shutdown while flying too, just to start again after 10 secounds with 55% left.

iPhone 6 with ios 9.0.2
2016-2-10
Use props
hanktheyank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15528 ft
United Kingdom

brad.waler Posted at 2016-1-4 03:06
I have found that connecting an external battery to my phone has solved this problem. I have a iPhon ...

Hmm. Ive got an iPhone 6+ . Its only got one lightning port. I guess the 6 s+ is the same. How did you connect a power pack to the phone while you are physically connected to the Phantom ?  Please tell !
2016-2-10
Use props
SeeN?
lvl.1
Germany

hanktheyank Posted at 2016-2-10 18:12
Hmm. Ive got an iPhone 6+ . Its only got one lightning port. I guess the 6 s+ is the same. How did ...

Phantom 3 Standard doesnt need a cable to the remote. But using a powerbank while flying with my P3S didnt solve the problem for me.
2016-2-10
Use props
brabbley78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 465600 ft
United States

Any news on when we can expect a software update that will address this? I'm almost too afraid to fly my phantom because of this
2016-2-12
Use props
TradeMarkNL
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same problem here. Hoping for a quick solution.
2016-2-12
Use props
NIIIL78
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here!!!!! 75%to almost 0 in 15 min....as soon as I pluged my external batter, iPhone 6 shows 50%..... Definetly dji go app issue
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NIIIL78 Posted at 2016-2-17 06:15
Same problem here!!!!! 75%to almost 0 in 15 min....as soon as I pluged my external batter, iPhone 6  ...

Sorry,but can you use a different device in the meantime if you cannot get your iPhone to work correctly.
I sent another inquiry about it.
2016-2-16
Use props
dorgesoft
lvl.1
United States

I also have an OSMO and it is happening the same with the 6S I'll Be running it through it's paces tomorrow on my 5C and see how long it will last This morning I ran my OSMO All the way around my lake (which takes about 20 Min) Before my 6S Shut off, but as soon, as i connected my charger 78% remaining :|
2016-2-16
Use props
dorgesoft
lvl.1
United States

I have installed the DJI GO app on my iPhone 5C and so far so good, but i haven't done a long run
2016-2-16
Use props
dorgesoft
lvl.1
United States

OK Did a Thorough Test with the iPhone 5C instead of the 6S no apps running wifi only i was able to Run the phantom 3 4K for the entire battery cycle (100% -30%) No Screen Lag or Phone Crash, Battery on the phone was 98% when I started and was at 88% when I got my Low Battery Warning, I did the test the day Before yesterday with the OSMO and the Phone ended up shutting off about 47 Minutes into recording Video. I may have to test the OSMO again on a warmer day it currently is 17 Degrees out here (64ish Degrees Fahrenheit) and It appears to have no problem on 5C. It might have something to do with a combination of things such as Temp and Processing Load.
2016-2-20
Use props
GoEatGoTravel
New

United Kingdom

Raised the issue on the Facebook and Twitter DJI Support pages as well, need an update to the app to get this sorted. ASAP!
2016-2-22
Use props
sergio.spaz
New

Costa Rica

james.lumsden18 Posted at 2016-2-25 12:36
Iphone 6 - OS 9.2.1 — SUB 5°C

Recently bought my P3 and I've only made a few brief flights. The  ...

Hi!

If you have battery problems on your phone, try to deactivate the video cache.

It works for me.

Try it!
2016-2-26
Use props
ralmeda3
lvl.2

United States

This is very odd. I fly with my iPhone 5s and it doesn't drain the phone's battery, it CHARGES it through the usb cable... I don't worry about it dying while flying because the Inspire transmitter charges it simultaneously.
2016-3-1
Use props
guyrhodes
lvl.1

I've been having the same issue with my iPhone 6 / P3 Advanced. All firmware and software are the latest versions. I'm experiencing the exact symptoms everyone else in the thread is describing.

Initially, I thought that the cold weather (I'm flying near Chicago) was to blame. However, today's flight at 54 degrees Fahrenheit (and subsequent 90% - 10% iPhone battery drop after just 10 minutes or so in the air) kinda ruled that out.

I also thought my purchase of the Apple Smart Battery Case would help my cause by giving me extra power thru the lightning connector, but unfortunately, the smart battery case isn't programmed to power the phone while it's attached, but rather, to charge the iPhone's internal battery once it starts to get low. The battery case can't keep up with the indicated iPhone battery drain while using the Go App and in the air.

As with everyone else, as soon as I disconnect my iPhone from the transmitter, the indicated battery capacity jumps back up to the 50% range.

I am quitting all other apps before I fly, and have tried turning wifi off on up to running the iPhone in airplane mode (as with my flight today) with no difference in the issue at hand.

2016-3-7
Use props
petee09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 578051 ft
United States

I've also been seeing this with my iPhone 6 and Phantom 3 Standard. I'm able to use my iPad mini 2 in the same environment with no battery issues. I have also tried an iPhone 5S a few times and did not seem to have this issue, or at least not nearly as noticeable.

I recently opened the app on my iPhone 6 to check a previous flight log while I wasn't anywhere near the controller, and I still noticed a rather significant drop in battery level. I'm looking forward to the next app and firmware updates.
2016-3-7
Use props
info
lvl.1

Netherlands

Here also the same problem.
iPhone 5, IOS 9.
I did the following which may can help finding the problem.
I've started the DJI GO app without connecting the RC: No abnormal behavior notified.
Started the DJI GO app with the RC controller connected and on: No abnormal behavior notified.
Started the DJI GO app with the RC controller on and connected and connected to the Drone which is standing in living room: No abnormal behavior notified.
Started the DJI GO app with the RC controller on and connected and connected to the Drone which is standing outside with IMU warning: The battery is rapidly going down, within second more then 10%.

I've tried to reproduce the above situation which i tested this afternoon just 5 minutes ago.
The IMU warning "warming up" came in and the iPhone battery for that moment was 100%, unfortunatly i couldn't reproduce what i described above.

The second thing i see is that i can't change the video resolution, the app crashes as soon as i choose the video resolution menu.
I've installed "go" twice to be sure it hasn't got anything to do with a corrupt app.

2016-3-10
Use props
tgvoss
New

United States

Same issue here, iPhone 6 iOS 9.2.1 Phantom3 Pro v1.6.0040 Controller has latest Firmware via the GO App v2.6.0.
2016-3-11
Use props
SeeN?
lvl.1
Germany

When will there be a fix for that?
2016-3-12
Use props
m_fraedrich
lvl.2

SeeN? Posted at 2016-3-13 02:15
When will there be a fix for that?

Same here, iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, FW1.6.4, DJI Go 2.6.0

We Need a fix for that!
2016-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

m_fraedrich Posted at 2016-3-14 18:06
Same here, iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, FW1.6.4, DJI Go 2.6.0

We Need a fix for that!

Don't expect a fix for it, there is no evidence that changing the software will do anything to solve the problem. A bit of simple Googling shows that the issue is with the 6S, and is a known problem, even Apple know about it. See this: http://www.slashgear.com/apple-a ... ry-issues-18423539/

2016-3-14
Use props
info.egogo
New
Flight distance : 184124 ft
Netherlands

I have an Iphone 6 and DJI Phantom 3 Standard and I'm also having this problem. My phone drains from 80% to 0% in about 10 minutes. When I recharge, the battery level is about 70% immediately.
I have the latest firmware installed (DJI and iOS).
This is not only happening with cold temperatures, but also when I'm flying with 20 degrees celsius.

I hope DJI is taking this matter serious, because there are al lot of people reporting this issue here (and probably more people who are not active on this forum).
2016-3-14
Use props
info
lvl.1

Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-14 09:12
Don't expect a fix for it, there is no evidence that changing the software will do anything to solv ...

This is completely different problem.
The problem describes a battery power indication miscommunication.
We have the problem that the phone says it's nearly empty and then shuts down.

You cannot turn it on without connecting it to a charger.
When it comes back to live it shows the battery isn't empty, i see 50/60% battery life in the indication.
And i could use it after connecting it for only 10 seconds on the charger for the rest of the day with at least 50/60% battery life time, which points me that the battery isn't empty at all.

This must be a pain in the .... software bug, but who's gone find the solution?
2016-3-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

info@theater-ef Posted at 2016-3-14 20:15
This is completely different problem.
The problem describes a battery power indication miscommunic ...

Why is it a completely different problem? The problem is with the piece of crap phone, Apple needs to fix it. Read the description of the problem, and if you don't believe that one, feel free to Google another report of the same issue. Other reports tell of the phone doing exactly what you said, showing flat then shutting down.

There is no way the software of the DJI Go App running on the phone can cause the battery to appear to go flat like that. Stop blaming DJI for the issue and go shout at Apple.
2016-3-14
Use props
terje
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

Put me on the list as well. iPhone 6 and Phantom 3 Standard. Started with 98% on the phone, and after a 13 minute flight the battery indicated 1%. It was just about to turn off. Had I continued flying it probably would have. Since I didnt have a charger to "kick it back", I did a "Power button + home button reset" and it came back with 68% lasting the full rest of the day (not flying though).
Would like to know if the DJI GO or the IOS from Apple is to blame. I havent tried 3.rd party RC programs.
2016-3-14
Use props
info
lvl.1

Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-14 10:26
Why is it a completely different problem? The problem is with the piece of crap phone, Apple needs  ...

Geebax, i got a iPhone which had the problem you discribe, it was already replaced by Apple.
The indicator didn't showed the right battery status which made the phone turned of while the battery indicator showed it had still juice.

That's not the problem now, it's slightly different.
The battery isn't empty when it come's with the a 20% left warning followed by a shut down, you could descibe it as the opposit problem as described in the article you point at.
And it's also getting locked in a certain way which can only been solved by connecting it to a power supply for a couple of seconds.
The phone comes back to live and shows in the battery status that it has more then enough juice to rest for a ....
This last thing depends on the status of the battery before the DJI Go app was opened.
As indication i tell, mine turned off and came online with nearly 60% left where it was about 90% when i opened the DJI Go app.
What i want to say is that it looks like it's the same problem you point at but there is a slightly difference in it what i'm telling and what i understand more people here experience.

I'm not shouting at DJI, i'm experience this behavior which i wanted to share when i use the DJI Go app, i'd never had this specific issue before!
I agree it could be a bug in software from Apple, which maybe is triggered by using the DJI Go app!?
Calling things crappy aint gone work, neither calling a iPhone crappy when milions of owners having this model.
By sharing experience we can solve allot of problems, not by shouting, keep that in mind.

2016-3-14
Use props
info
lvl.1

Netherlands

By updating to the new DJI Go version 2.7 app the 'video resolution switch problem' solved for me!
2016-3-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

info@theater-ef Posted at 2016-3-15 00:35
Geebax, i got a iPhone which had the problem you discribe, it was already replaced by Apple.
The in ...

The problem does not arise when using an Android phone, it also does not arise when using any other Apple product, be it an iPad or another model of iPhone, so logically it is not an issue that DJI needs to deal with. The only way in which DJI may contribute to this is by changing the time zone in their software, as that appears to be the trigger for this battery bug, but as the function is a legitimate function in iOS, then DJI can choose to use it or not. Apple need to take ownership of this problem and sort it out.

As for the crappy phone, I had a 4 and a 4S and now I have a Samsung Note 5 which is lightyears ahead, so it is my opinion that Apple phones are rubbish and I have had the use of them long enough to say so.
2016-3-14
Use props
nesnah.sirhc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Exact same issue for me- Iphone 6 plus drains from 100% to 1% then shuts down. 15 degrees C, not due to cold. Need a solution fast!
2016-5-1
Use props
dprout
New

New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-2 06:15
Yes, the next firmware update will address the iPhone6 battery drain.

Hi, do you know if this issue was fixed in the latest ios update?
2016-5-17
Use props
user6eeb361393
New

I have read every single comment in this thread, all comments in other threads on this site and other sites relating to power issues so I feel I have a good understanding of the majority's stance on this issue.

From other readers experience and my own it appears the power issue is:

1. Not only isolated to Apple as Samsung / Android devices are also having issues.

2. One iPhone 6+ user can be having this issue yet another 6+ user isn't having an issue - makes it seem like an apple issue due to iOS version possibly (but wait!)

3. %100 phone battery and I can't even cycle two full battery's through the quad using the Go app before my 6+ Goes flat, plug in my phone to charge and it instantly starts at %75.
So I open Litchi and fly using five P3P batteries and my 6+ only looses %35 capacity - makes it seem like a DJI issue.

This is a real world problem and it is ongoing, it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason as I have all firmware upto date on ALL devices, with all calibration conducted, all back ground apps closed, airplane mode, away from frequency / signal noise, screen shade on with my brightness down blah blah blah.

I am literally grounded using the DJI Go app, yet I can use Litchi across 7 P3P batteries and my phone doesn't go flat.

I'm not barking at Apple, Samsung or DJI (I apologise for being frustrated) but I will say this to the couch experts that blame Apple I ask why is it Litchi works all day on my phone yet Go app kills my phone with in 2 P3P batteries? I think many responders read the first initial comment then skip to the last page and start gobbing off uneducated.
The truth is that we need to forget the loyalist brand war and acknowledge there issue is across all brands as my research on other forums has show, many people voice the same concerns no matter device brand.

This problem still isn't fixed and when I can use 128 Apps on my phone including Litchi with out issue but as soon as I open Go my phone plummets %10 every 5 minutes

Well.. I don't know what to say other than Apple is a DJI approved device, so if an iOS is updated, then the Go App develops issues, DJI best work with Apple to sort it, DJI need Apple, Apple doesn't need DJI and this is one of the reasons why Apps have updates, to keep pace with device manufacturers which isn't happening here with DJI.

Today the 27th July 2016 the problem continues.

2016-7-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules