iPhone 6 Issues (battery drain)
12233 113 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nesnah.sirhc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Exact same issue for me- Iphone 6 plus drains from 100% to 1% then shuts down. 15 degrees C, not due to cold. Need a solution fast!
2016-5-1
Use props
dprout
New

New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-2 06:15
Yes, the next firmware update will address the iPhone6 battery drain.

Hi, do you know if this issue was fixed in the latest ios update?
2016-5-17
Use props
user6eeb361393
New

I have read every single comment in this thread, all comments in other threads on this site and other sites relating to power issues so I feel I have a good understanding of the majority's stance on this issue.

From other readers experience and my own it appears the power issue is:

1. Not only isolated to Apple as Samsung / Android devices are also having issues.

2. One iPhone 6+ user can be having this issue yet another 6+ user isn't having an issue - makes it seem like an apple issue due to iOS version possibly (but wait!)

3. %100 phone battery and I can't even cycle two full battery's through the quad using the Go app before my 6+ Goes flat, plug in my phone to charge and it instantly starts at %75.
So I open Litchi and fly using five P3P batteries and my 6+ only looses %35 capacity - makes it seem like a DJI issue.

This is a real world problem and it is ongoing, it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason as I have all firmware upto date on ALL devices, with all calibration conducted, all back ground apps closed, airplane mode, away from frequency / signal noise, screen shade on with my brightness down blah blah blah.

I am literally grounded using the DJI Go app, yet I can use Litchi across 7 P3P batteries and my phone doesn't go flat.

I'm not barking at Apple, Samsung or DJI (I apologise for being frustrated) but I will say this to the couch experts that blame Apple I ask why is it Litchi works all day on my phone yet Go app kills my phone with in 2 P3P batteries? I think many responders read the first initial comment then skip to the last page and start gobbing off uneducated.
The truth is that we need to forget the loyalist brand war and acknowledge there issue is across all brands as my research on other forums has show, many people voice the same concerns no matter device brand.

This problem still isn't fixed and when I can use 128 Apps on my phone including Litchi with out issue but as soon as I open Go my phone plummets %10 every 5 minutes

Well.. I don't know what to say other than Apple is a DJI approved device, so if an iOS is updated, then the Go App develops issues, DJI best work with Apple to sort it, DJI need Apple, Apple doesn't need DJI and this is one of the reasons why Apps have updates, to keep pace with device manufacturers which isn't happening here with DJI.

Today the 27th July 2016 the problem continues.

2016-7-26
Use props
orcadreaming
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3287815 ft
  • >>>

I'm having issues with both iPad Air and iPhone 6Plus.
Yesterday-30th July, I got to my fourth Inspire battery and the iPad was down at 30% from being fully charged in 17°c outdoor temperature, I changed over to my iPhone 6Plus which was at 60% to begin with and got to 50% on the 5 5th Inspire battery when the iPhone screen went blank and I had no FPV, so calmly brought the craft in to land.
Swapped back to iPad and got 5 mins into 6th Inspire battery when the iPad warned me that it was at 10% Battery so I had to cut the flight short again and wrap up my shoot. This is completely unacceptable when trying to work professionally, the DJI GO APP is somehow killing the Battery Life in iOS devices or at least telling the internal monitoring that the battery is low. I refuse to go buy three iPads to be able to fly 8 Inspire Batteries!!
2016-7-30
Use props
fans4a273d3d
New

India

Battery draining issue in iOS devices is very common, in order to fix fast battery draining you should apply below given tips:

Turn off your iDevice and plug it
Always apply the Battery Life Advice in Battery Settings
Turn off the Background App Refresh
Apply Reduce Motion
Turn off Location Services if You Don’t Need or Use

For more: How to Fix Bad Battery Backup in iOS 10
2016-11-15
Use props
CIGANO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3190472 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry i just found this thread after making my own about the same problem ,has there been a fix for this issue or would it be better using an I-pad mini ?
2016-11-23
Use props
CIGANO
lvl.2
United Kingdom

if this issue is not resolved i will be retuning my phantom 3 asap .
2016-11-23
Use props
CIGANO
lvl.2
United Kingdom

my phone says DJI GO uses just 7% ,i shut all the apps before i start using the drone and only use the DJI app open when i am using the drone , if i don't read a resolution to this fault i will return the drone to my supplier for a full refund .
2016-11-23
Use props
CIGANO
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Anyone tried using one of them portable back up batteries for charging your phone ? i might give that a try today
2016-11-24
Use props
CIGANO
lvl.2
United Kingdom

One of these is the answer to all our problems it's a portable battery that you can plug your phone in  it charges your phone whilst you're using it, after a full 20 minutes of flight and going live on Facebook my phone had only used 2% of a full charge at 98%❗️
203306vi2w17sv8m19phgs.jpg
2016-11-24
Use props
fans54d69c4e
New

United States

I'm having the exact same problem.  You described my problem.  Every single step mirrors my problem except the fact the I am running IOS 10.1.1.  If you hear of a fix, please post it.  
2016-11-24
Use props
fans54d69c4e
New

United States

I'm having the exact same problem.  You described my problem.  Every single step mirrors my problem except the fact the I am running IOS 10.1.1.  If you hear of a fix, please post it.  
2016-11-24
Use props
Avi8or
New

United States

DJI's responses are, sadly, laughable.  So are the ones people post without reading the thread, like 'close your other apps and go into airplane mode.'  I also report that this is still a critical and unanswered performance issue.  I bought a P3S to train with.  I am fully convinced I shall not buy a DJI product for commercial use or for any further use.  (My second contributory reason is that DJI will not write a manual for the app and UAV.)  But I have a $399 drone I can crash and then move on (fingers crossed the final crash is some time off in the future).  Best of luck DJI and us users.

IOS 10.1.1
2016-12-8
Use props
LUCA73
New

Italy

Did they come with a fix yet? My iPhone 6S collapsed after 6 minutes of videos and 70% starting charge point
2016-12-29
Use props
fans7e12c818
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11217 ft
Canada

First flight with my P3S. Same iphone drain battery issue... it's crazy!

I read some things i will try :
1- the cold (it was minus 5, little windy) is bad for the phone battery... i just bought a battery case from amazon for my iphone... will try it when i will receive it.
2- people seems to dont have that problem with the Litchi app... if the thing with the battery case dont work, i will try with Litchi app.

It's very bad! And no more news from DJI... :-(

Sorry if i made some english writing mistake... my french is a lot better!!! :-)
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb27e5e1f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98990 ft
United States

Hey guys. Any updates of fix? I thought it was the cold but I just tested again indoors (18 Celsius) and it didnt last 10 min. It has happended in both DJI Go 4 and DJI Go, while using my Mavic and using my Osmo Mobile. What I just noticed is that when I plug a battery pack to my phone it will say it is charging, but when I open the DJI Go app, not only will it show it is not charging, it will start saying the battery is draining (even when the battery pack is still plugged)
If I close the app and go to my home screen, then the battery shows as charging.
This is definitly an issue with the DJI GO App. What other explanation.

Can you guys try the same thing and report your finding?

DJI, come on!!! One of the moderators was active at the very beginning of this thread, but suddenly stopped helping. Why is that?
2017-1-28
Use props
fansb27e5e1f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98990 ft
United States

Hey guys. Any updates of fix? I thought it was the cold but I just tested again indoors (18 Celsius) and it didnt last 10 min. It has happended in both DJI Go 4 and DJI Go, while using my Mavic and using my Osmo Mobile. What I just noticed is that when I plug a battery pack to my phone it will say it is charging, but when I open the DJI Go app, not only will it show it is not charging, it will start saying the battery is draining (even when the battery pack is still plugged)
If I close the app and go to my home screen, then the battery shows as charging.
This is definitly an issue with the DJI GO App. What other explanation.

Can you guys try the same thing and report your finding?

DJI, come on!!! One of the moderators was active at the very beginning of this thread, but suddenly stopped helping. Why is that?
2017-1-28
Use props
PhilZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189829 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-25 14:48
That's interesting, so it could be an Apple thing and not a DJI thing?
I've emailed techs in China a few weeks ago but haven't heard of a solution yet.

Add me to the list with an iPhone 6S.  Exact same characteristics as other users are seeing.  Very frustrating with my Mavic and DJI Go 4 app.
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

PhilZ Posted at 2017-2-5 13:34
Add me to the list with an iPhone 6S.  Exact same characteristics as other users are seeing.  Very frustrating with my Mavic and DJI Go 4 app.

I'm not seeing this, I can go through 3 batteries and I still have plenty of phone battery.
2017-2-6
Use props
Chris Biele
New

United Kingdom

I had this same problem with an Inspire 1 Pro last time I was out (2 weeks ago) using an iPhone 6. The phone was set up on the pilot remote with a second remote for the camera operator running an iPad Air. The phone had 70% when starting, and dropped to under 10% in about 10 minutes. I had to land mid-flight to disconnect the camera operator and use the iPad for piloting. After plugging in my phone it jumped up to over 40%.

This is not the first (or last!) time I've had problems with my iPhone battery misreporting percentage or turning off with 20-30% charge left, so I wasn't totally flabbergasted, but it's interesting to see other people having this problem.

Note: my remote and aircraft firmware is up-to-date, and this was the only time I've flown with the iPhone. I'll be testing this out again next week if the weather agrees, but it would be great to see some input from DJI on the matter!
2017-2-9
Use props
fans557df709
lvl.1

United States

Hi folks. I have the Mavic Pro and I am up todate with everything and the same thing is happening to me. I have an I phone 6 plus. Going to Best buy now to see if they sell an adapter that allows me to charge iphone while connected to rc controller. Does anyone have a fix for this. PLEASE HELP
2017-2-13
Use props
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 08:12
I'm not seeing this, I can go through 3 batteries and I still have plenty of phone battery.

Any luck?

This issue just caused me to crash my P3 pretty badly. I have read every comment and it seems we're all having a similar problem. Phone at about 80% , 10 min of flight and I'm at 10%, plug phone in after landing and phone goes back to 70%Ish... lame...

Before I throw another couple hundred dollars into fixing my drone. I would like to have a solution...

Also, since this issue led to my crash is there any chance DJI will help replace it? .

Finally, has anyone tried buying a new iPhone battery to see if It's just an old battery issue? Mine is about 1.5 years old at this point (iPhone 6).
IMG_0537.JPG
2017-2-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lynch1lr Posted at 2017-2-20 20:03
Any luck?

This issue just caused me to crash my P3 pretty badly. I have read every comment and it seems we're all having a similar problem. Phone at about 80% , 10 min of flight and I'm at 10%, plug phone in after landing and phone goes back to 70%Ish... lame...

The issue is with the iPhone, so unfortunately, DJI are not going to accept any liability with regard to your crash. This is a very old issue and was due to a problem in the iOS, but for some reason people still seem to be having the problem. Get Apple to check out your phone.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Lynch1lr Posted at 2017-2-20 20:03
Any luck?

I'm sorry for your crash, how did it cause you to crash. If the phone died, you just have to hit RTH if you are not within LOS and if your RTH altitude was set properly before flight then there should have been no issues.
Unfortunately DJI will not take responsibility, but start an RMA and see if they'll help out at all. They may or may not, I'm not in customer service so I do not know.
2017-2-21
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

So I just ran some tests over the weekend.  
iOS 6 Plus latest update
Latest firmware on PS3
Latest DJI Go App
Two DJI batteries.

Phone at 80% before starting
Closed all extra iOS apps and started the DJI Go.
NOTE: using an Argtek mod.
Flew full 25 minutes on first battery out 6500 feet away and then did a RTH
Flew full 27 minutes on the second battery out 7200 feet away and then did a RTH
No issue with flight.  FPV range improved.

Phone battery life at 78%

No flight issues at all for me.

ALSO please note: If your phone dies or your App crashes. Toggle up and down the top left toggle switch a few times to kick in the RTH.

Now granted, I always insure no other app is running and maybe that might be the source of the issue.
I have not tested with Litchi yet.
My iPhone 6 Plus is over a year old and so is my bird.

2017-2-21
Use props
fans4c281ddf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

Got today the same issue today. Using iPhone 6, P3s. All up to date, go app and AC and iOS.
Got from 90% to 1% for 15 minutes flight. They stayed about 2 minutes on 1% and shut down.
Then I'ok have to wait a little bit to turn phone on and a miracle battery shows 84%.
All other app, works fine. But I don't have any app which use LTE, gps and wifi at the same time like go app. Please help someone to fix it. And I saw a method on you tube where man suggest to restore and update phone from itunes, not from phone itself. I always update NOT from iTunes. Any1 who do update iPhone throu iTunes have such issue?
2017-2-25
Use props
Melifaro
lvl.3
Russia

Up please... maybe someone could fix it?
2017-2-25
Use props
Melifaro
lvl.3
Russia

Up again... sorry for spamming but I really want that dji have to pay attention to this
2017-2-25
Use props
Melifaro
lvl.3
Russia

If there is silence here... does it mean that everybody solved this problem?
2017-2-25
Use props
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-21 07:28
I'm sorry for your crash, how did it cause you to crash. If the phone died, you just have to hit RTH if you are not within LOS and if your RTH altitude was set properly before flight then there should have been no issues.
Unfortunately DJI will not take responsibility, but start an RMA and see if they'll help out at all. They may or may not, I'm not in customer service so I do not know.

The RTH would have made me hit the same tree I ended up hitting. (I was across a lake and couldn't see where I was flying) It's all good though, learning moment.  PLUS:
Luckily the camera still works!! I was able to get all the parts and fix it myself for around $50. (Very Lucky)

HOWEVER, I would love to know if there are any solutions for this before I start flying again?
My next solution is to order a NEW IPHONE 6 BATTERY... I will let you guys know if that helps at all.
2017-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Melifaro Posted at 2017-2-25 22:56
If there is silence here... does it mean that everybody solved this problem?

There is silence here because the problem with the iPhone 6 is not a DJI issue, it is an Apple problem, and DJI will not be doing anything aboutr it.
2017-3-4
Use props
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
United States

Hey All!!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!
I bought a new battery on amazon ($15, really affordable) and it came with all the tools to replace. I think the problem is solved. DJI GO still sucks battery pretty fast BUT it's not doing the dramatic jump like it use to.
NOTE: I have only had 2 flights since then. But so far, so good!  ALSO it's a pain to unglue the iPhone 6 battery... be patient.
2017-3-13
Use props
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-21 07:28

I thought I would share my findings with you. Since you were the DJI team member replying.
I bought a new battery for my iphone on amazon and I think the problem is solved. DJI GO still sucks a bit of battery BUT it's not doing the dramatic jump like it used to.
I have had a few flights since replacing and so far, so good!  I will note however, it's a huge pain to unglue the iPhone 6 battery... be patient OR just buy a new Iphone.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Lynch1lr Posted at 2017-3-21 11:34
I thought I would share my findings with you. Since you were the DJI team member replying.
I bought a new battery for my iphone on amazon and I think the problem is solved. DJI GO still sucks a bit of battery BUT it's not doing the dramatic jump like it used to.
I have had a few flights since replacing and so far, so good!  I will note however, it's a huge pain to unglue the iPhone 6 battery... be patient OR just buy a new Iphone.

Ok great, thanks for reporting.
Glad it was your phone's battery.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules