Phantom 2 Series FAQ
6925 8 2014-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Daniel
lvl.1

China

1. The battery would not power on when put it on the phantom.
   Please make sure you start it the right way. Press the battery button first, before the LED light out, press and hold it for another 3 seconds.

2. Solid yellow on remote controller and phantom unable to start when CSC.
   Please download the software "PhantomRC Assistant Software v1.1" and phantom assistant software on dji.com.Don't forget to download and install DJI WIN DRIVER INSTALLER beforehand.  
   Connect the RC directly to your computer running the above software. Make sure you do the calibration step by step according to the notice on the software window. Only movethe sticks when asked to do it. Then the yellow led shall turn back to normal--Red(2.4G)/Green(5.8G). If not? Do it all over again.
   Then connect the phantom to your computer AND do the calibration in RC page using P2 assistant software.

3. Start the phantom 2 follow the recommend procedures, but the motors fail to run, phantom led flashing yellow fast.
   Bind the RC with phantom2 as the manual: The link indicator light on the side of body is solid red,push the link button with a thin object and hold it until the link indicator blinks red, then release it, the connection then would be binded automatically.
     Further step to this question, ifit's a phantom 2 vision/vision plus need to bind with RC, please keep the RCoff before holding the Rx reset button and release it, then power on theRC.

4. It should not be a problem to take one 5200MAH battery onto a civil aircraft when going to travel in other places, isn’t it?
    In general, there should not be any problem. Some airports do need application and record in advance.

5. In Vision App,it shows Phantom lost connection and has not live view, what shall I do?
   Please make sure all firmware/app are the latest. Restart the app. If still not work, then please try to rebind.
   Keep RC/CAMERA--WIFI ON/Range extender are all on. Hold the reset button on theextender for seconds.
   Look for a"phantom wifi" in your wifi network list on the phone.
   After connecting it, run your APP and go to setting—bind, then choose scan the QR-CODE. Uponsuccess, power cycle everything including the app.
   Run the app, goes to the setting -> about, if all version no. show up, then congratulation.

6. What format is the video of Phantom 2 vision? Is there audio?
   Phantom 2 visionvideo is MP4 format with no sound.

7. What software can open or modify the raw format photos of Phantom 2vision/vision plus?
    The latest FC200f/w V1.1.9 support Adobe DNG RAW format, can record GPS and related flight height and save in Adobe DNG RAW metadata. We can open and read these data withPHOTOSHOP CS 6 or version above.

8. What’s the size of Phantom 2 vision photos? How big is the doc. produced every minute, when the HD video is selected?
    The biggest size of Phantom 2 vision is 4384X32884:314.4MP ; About100M doc. is produced every minutes.
Video size 1920*1080"

9. My compass mod value go far beyond the limitation, what to do?
    Probably the compass is magnetized and you need to degauss it. You could check it when connect to the assistant software. If yes, disconnect the computer. Get a small magnetand move it by both vertically and horizontally around the compass, not too close, keep 1-2 inch away.Then do the compass calibration dance.
    Check the compass mod value by connecting to the software. Check the mod figure and see if it gets any better.
Keep trying with that magnet again until it goes back to norm figure.

10My phantom need to send in for service,what shall I do?
     If you need to send back your phantom for repair issue, please try to contact your dealer andsee if they are able to fix it. This website could also provide some info you may need to know: http://www.dji.com/support
     If you near LA support center, you could contact: DJI LA Office    +1 (818) 235 0789 or send email to: us.support@dji.com
     If you near EU you could try: +49 (0) 1803 354000 or send email to: support.europe@dji.com
     If China is the nearest, please fill the form below as attachment and email to support@dji.com

2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Good post Daniel just check your spelling. LOL
2014-9-24
Use props
DJI-Daniel
lvl.1

China

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 13:40
Good post Daniel just check your spelling. LOL

thanks for reminding~
2014-9-24
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Nice post!
2014-9-29
Use props
lauracousyn
New

France

Hello my name is Laura (sorry I don't speak very good english , I'm french) and I should do something to present a DRONE ! I need algorithms but I don't found simple algorithm on Internet , can someone help me please or send me a link ?? thanks
2014-11-7
Use props
billbennett1075
New
United States

I bought a new battery for my DJI version 2 and a tag in the box tells me I need to upgrade the Phantom central board firmware to version 1.0.2.7 through Phantom assistant before using the battery. I have no clue as to do this. I was looking for the link to the assistant program and how to do it. Can anyone help?
2014-11-28
Use props
deanc72002.gmai
New
Flight distance : 16752 ft
United States

phantom vision 2 turned off in flight and crashed what caused this
2015-2-5
Use props
nubi
lvl.1

United States

As my name implies, just took my Phantom 2 Vision + out of the box ..... charged up the Smart Batteries and the Extender Battery.  Do I need a Smart Phone to fly the Quad or can I test fly it without a phone ?
2015-2-5
Use props
ron_dude04
New

Philippines

lauracousyn Posted at 2014-11-7 16:18
Hello my name is Laura (sorry I don't speak very good english , I'm french) and I should do somethin ...

laura, try to get online the dji sdk
ron
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules