Quickrelease clarification ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PowerUser
lvl.1
Croatia

Ok, I have been asking and reading for 20 days about everything regarding Vision+ and options.

Finally I have bought 3 axis Storm32 gimbal from Ebay and I dont need anything better or more expensive.

Now comes the big question. Since the Quickrelease is made only for the original gimbal or the overpriced Zenmuse, I dont want to go that route and I think that the most poeple dont want to spend 600 Euros fot that solution when they can have Phantom 3 for like 800-900 Euros.

What I would like to know, what does this Quickrelease do ? If I mount only Quickrelease on my Vision+ and connect the GoPro on it, will I get telemetry and FPV ? If Quickrelease can support this Ebay gimbals and their mounts, is it possible that I buy Quickrelease, connect it to the Phantom and then connect the GoPro to the Quickrelease and then I have FPV and the telemetry but without the movement of the gimbal which I dont really need. What does Quickrelease itself do/transfer to the Naza&DJI Vision app ?

Does the Quickrelease have direct connection to the GoPro and then it sends it to the Naza which sends it on the DJI Vision app or it uses Zenmuse somehow for that ? I think you get what I mean, I want to see if the Quickrelease is able to work without Zenmuse or original gimbal. I really dont understand why did they bound to the most expensive gimbal out there and lost a lot of money for doing so. Why not offer more solutions ?

2016-1-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

What I would like to know, what does this Quickrelease do ? What quickrelease you are referring to? If it does what it is called then it is a quick release that is designed to release the gimbal quickly from the drone.
If I mount only Quickrelease on my Vision+ and connect the GoPro on it, will I get telemetry and FPV ? I guess it depends on the manufacturer, you will have to check
If Quickrelease can support this Ebay gimbals and their mounts, is it possible that I buy Quickrelease, connect it to the Phantom and then connect the GoPro to the Quickrelease and then I have FPV and the telemetry but without the movement of the gimbal which I dont really need?I guess it depends on the manufacturer, you will have to check
What does Quickrelease itself do/transfer to the Naza&DJI Vision app ?I guess it depends on the manufacturer, you will have to check
Does the Quickrelease have direct connection to the GoPro? No clue, you will have to check with the manufacturer but i would think your storm should have that connection, you should check with the manufacturer.
and then it sends it to the Naza which sends it on the DJI Vision app or it uses Zenmuse somehow for that ?I guess it depends on the manufacturer, you will have to check.
I think you get what I mean, I want to see if the Quickrelease is able to work without Zenmuse or original gimbal. I really dont understand why did they bound to the most expensive gimbal out there and lost a lot of money for doing so. Why not offer more solutions ?
For $699.00 you could buy a Phantom Standard http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard?site=brandsite_pc with battery, camera and gimbal and RC all ready to go as the Phantom and RC have all of the receivers and transmitters built in to receive and transmit and all you need is a compatible phone or tablet...That is it....and this is probably why DJI does not get on the bandwagon of all of the unproven 3rd party crap and junk offered on ebay and elsewhere that provides no other details as to what might be required to get it to work properly.

In order to get FPV you need a receiver and transmitter ie. IOSD and a monitor with a receiver or something to that degree, there are numerous post you can search to see the list of components that users have come up with that actually work, most are with the Zenmuse.

Here is a site that has numerous solutions for quick release etc...http://dronexpert.nl/all-products/
you can also go to http://phantomhelp.com/ as there is also a lot of good reference information there as well.

Good luck and happy flying.

2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules