Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video
899 6 2016-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

Hello,
I need some help. I have searched and searched but I cannot find anything on this. The problem; after the firmware update 1.5 (no improvement  after 1.6) my video will have a split second hiccup. Cables look tight on the gimbal. A side note, my jpg images went wonky (raw okay) after update 1.3. I now just process my raw files.
Here is an example of the split second  problem. This really messes up the recording. I have tried a different SD card and reset the settings as well. It doesn't matter what I record in (1080p 60 fps or 4k etc.) Any help would be appreciated.

image.png
2016-1-3
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

trying to get a better handle on the symptoms:  When does this hiccup occur:
A) immediately when I start and only then
B) intermittently during recording
C) at start and then intermittently

As for the .jpg/RAW thing.  What do you mean by '.jpg went wonky?'  This sounds like a hardware failure/camera function failure and should be looked into.  When you change settings for the camera, do you visibly see a change in the display AND on the photos/videos?

What I see in the photo posted above looks like shutter lag and would be there until the shutter cycles completely at least once in video mode, always there in photo mode.  However, the difference between .jpg and RAW and how the camera handles the processing of each may be why one seems okay and the other doesn't if it is a shutter proble.  An example of a 'wonky' .jpg would be nice.  

In either case, it appears you have an electronics or a shutter problem in the camera from the info you provided.  And/or an optical problem, but that seems less likely.
2016-1-3
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-3 13:59
trying to get a better handle on the symptoms:  When does this hiccup occur:
A) immediately when I  ...

The example above is in video only (any setting) and happens anytime from start to end 4 batteries later.
I'll get an example for the jpg when I get back to my iMac. The jpg just looks out of focus. Since all jpgs are processed by the cameras software, I asume it's  that since the raw file is clear and sharp.
2016-1-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

That looks to me like a file problem. It may be a problem SD card, and I know you said you had tried several cards, but are those cards fast enough for the job? If not the card, then it may be a problem in the image processing in the gimbal unit. It may be worthwhile downgrading to 1.4 then upgrading to 1.5 again to see if it cures the problem.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Looks like SD card issue, please format your sd
2016-1-3
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-4 02:58
Looks like SD card issue, please format your sd

Hi,
I did and have tried a couple different new ones. I will go buy another today. Any suggestions on best type/one?
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD
2)        Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD
3)        Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD
here in DJI we using this ones, and they fit perfectly
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced