Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Range Extender
602 4 2016-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cpipe1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329436 ft
United States

Just bought my first drone, P3P, and was wondering if flying in the city limits minimizes the advertised range? I only get to 1200' range before i lose 'image signal weakness' and 'RC signal If an extender is needed, which one would be the best. I'm looking for to at least get to the advertised ramge limit. Any help would greatly appreciated!!!!!
2016-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Signal weakness is not just to do with the strength of the signal, it is also to do with other sources generating signals on the same radio band, such as WiFi and various other consumer and industrial devices. So boosters do not necessarily give you greater range in a problem environment around city areas.

The 'advertised' range is that which can be achieved under ideal circumstances, and you are not likely to get that in an urban environment anyway. If you want to fly long distances, get out of the city into the country, that's how all long-distance flyers do it.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are only going to get the max range in an environment with no interference. In the city, there's a TON of interference.
Go to an open area away from the city and you will get great range.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes,  there is a lot of interference in the city  that influence the signal range
2016-1-3
Use props
cpipe1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329436 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-3 21:47
Signal weakness is not just to do with the strength of the signal, it is also to do with other sourc ...

Thanks for your input!
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules