P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.bin for advanced?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MixU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1025620 ft
Finland

I downloaded latest firmware for P3 Advanced from DJI website. The file is named "P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.bin", why is that S there after P3? Before the files were named clearly as advanced files, this makes you wonder if it is for P3 Standard. confusing.
2016-1-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I had the same problem for several days, thinking it wasn't for the A so I didn't do it.  After reading several posts from DJI with the link and seeing the S file in the link, I just gave in and tried it.  It went without a hitch.  No problems, flies fine.  DJI needs to pay attention to things like that.  It is very confusing to the user who is trying to do the right thing but DJI sends confusing info to them.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

The "P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.bin" file is for Phantom 3 Advanced .
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-1-5 07:18
I had the same problem for several days, thinking it wasn't for the A so I didn't do it.  After read ...

Sorry to have brought you inconvenience . You can download the right file through these links :
Phantom 3 Pro : http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.zip
Phantom 3 Adv : http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.zip
2016-1-4
Use props
stuart.hogg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1711191 ft
United Kingdom

Using Mac - Downloaded file P3S-FW-V01.06.0040.bin - showing as 26.1Mb in downloaded folder.  Transferred to desktop, showing as an icon with a zip, suggesting it is still a compressed zip file.  But Get Info shows it is 62Mb and opens with Archive Utility by default when clicked.  When clicked it produces an icon with .cpgz after the original .bin extension.   Doesn't seem right.

When tried to copy the original .bin downloaded file to a USB stick, get an error message and file fails to copy.  Reluctant to try and copy this to the SD Card given these issues.

Any advice?

Screenshot

Screenshot
2016-1-19
Use props
ezebunandu.eloc
lvl.1

Nigeria

How about the update file for the Phantom 3 standard?
2016-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules