What should someone be looking for in a used Inspire??!
1987 16 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Hello everyone... I am new to this forum but have been very active in the Yuneec crowd. I have owned several Q500's in all the models. Was thinking of getting an Inspire as a possible upgrade to what I own. If i go used, what should be looked at to differentiate the good from the bad? Since the batteries are "intelligent".. do they hold the number of cycles? Things like that..
Thanx in advance and Happy New Year to all!

Gootch
2016-1-4
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can buy mine, its in excellent condition - no accidents and always updated to the latest version........
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Welcome to DJI forum!  There is no exact thing to look for in used inspire... they all good... the only thing you have to get new is battery, or at least make sure that the used battery you getting is not too old.
Intelligent batteries can count number of cycles.
2016-1-4
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Tim for the reply. I am wondering tho why people who have their one year old Inspires that have hours of use and depleted battery lives are asking a couple hundred bucks less than I can get a new one for. New V1 $2900... add battery.. and they are asking $2500. Am I missing something? I understand people WANT more for their investment but its "used"...hmm
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-6 09:42
Thank you Tim for the reply. I am wondering tho why people who have their one year old Inspires that ...

I don't really understand 2 hand market... and for this difference in the price I'd get new one. I like when i open the box and the thing smells brand new
2016-1-5
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless its a crazy low price, I suggest buying a new one.

I bought a used one and here are some key areas to check:

1 - What Version - A B C D
2 - Does it still have warranty stickers on aircraft
3 - Is the device less than a year old (DJI warranty is 1 year)
4- How many flights on battery and check current MAH rating via the app (most of the time, used batteries are on their last legs, so thats $150 you have to spend
5 - Check scratches on canopy, check legs and leg shocks
6 - Check stickers on legs that cover antenna
7 - Do a flight test
8 - Make the aircraft transform into Travel Mode and back again several times and observe that everything moves smoothly.
9 - And all the obvious checks like cables, camera gimbal movement, etc.
update: I beleive certain items like the battery are only 6 month warranty

Best of luck to you and we look forward to you joining our community.
2016-1-6
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Great info teamnest1, I appreciate the reply!
2016-1-6
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-6 17:41

I bought a used one and here are some ke ...

further to this as  i have a bad experience recently and have learnt a bit from it.

have a very good look over the transform mech internally,  put the arms up and down and look inside each time, look for anything that looks off, look where the pins go though both arms where they meet at each side and make sure the knuckles are not broken, mine was .

also look at the gimbal plate, any cracks where the small holes go thought along the edge,

Compare the SN for camera and craft on the case to the craft and X3.

Listed to the sounds and look for anything that don't look rite, if your at all unsure walk away.

There is no such thing as a small crash.

2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-7 01:41

I bought a used one and here are some ke ...

I agree, if you are only saving a few hundred than it's probably worth it in the long run. Just eat that money and buy new. The only way i would buy used is for an unbelievable deal OR if I met the person and saw their home and the way they live and how clean everything is.

I just bought a used Inspire V2. When I got to the guys home I could tell he has plenty of money and was extremely anal about being clean and neat. His garage was epoxied and not a single thing was out of place. He had a 2 week old V2, with DJI charging hub, 180 watt charger, extra battery (only 3 flights on each battery) new 128gb iPad Mini4 WiFi. It all looked totally brand new without a mark anywhere. I got it all for under $2,500. I couldn't pass up that deal.
2016-1-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You never know what one of these birds has been through, hard landing, water damage, ect ect i would never buy a used quad.
2016-1-6
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

I came from several Q500s as well. Go for it, night and day difference! You will love it.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

P3T3 Posted at 2016-1-7 09:58
I came from several Q500s as well. Go for it, night and day difference! You will love it.

I flew q500 once, it was so slow and unhandy, but the little remote controller for follow me is nice
2016-1-6
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-6 22:06
I flew q500 once, it was so slow and unhandy, but the little remote controller for follow me is nic ...

Yea that was a nice feature. Couldn't drive that fast, but still fun.

Started with a parrot ar 2.0, hated phone control so modded it for a real tx

Then blade 350qx3

Then q500 and q500+, both modded for long range

Never went with phantoms because local hobby shop wouldn't stock. Said he could get, but bad service record.

Then I bumped into a guy while working who had the Inspire. He let me fly and I couldn't believe how different it handled.

Wife always got the hand me down drones, but after the Inspire she couldn't go back. So now I've got two.

Was lucky enough to be able to sell all my previous stuff to guys just looking to get into flying.
2016-1-6
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 18:12
I agree, if you are only saving a few hundred than it's probably worth it in the long run. Just ea ...

Wow Ken... right place right time. That is the kind of used one I am looking for. Nice find
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-7 21:51
Wow Ken... right place right time. That is the kind of used one I am looking for. Nice find

Ya, it was an incredible deal. I don't think you'll find any kind of deal out there like that, especially on a V2. My friend even offered to buy the whole package for $3,000, if I sold it would be a huge profit for me but I don't think I could find something that new with all those accessories even for 3k.
2016-1-7
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-7 09:46
Ya, it was an incredible deal. I don't think you'll find any kind of deal out there like that, esp ...

Ken,

That is a good deal. I would have done the same.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-8 03:42
Ken,

That is a good deal. I would have done the same.

ya, I usually end up paying too much for things, this made up for some of that
2016-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules