Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3S picture quality problem!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji_jordan
lvl.2

Canada

my P3S has poor image quality. its good but i think it could be better. the gimbal also has a buzzing sound. sounds just like other peoples that have the same problem.do the props need to be balanced? i think the quad vibrates a little in the air.... but takes good video. any suggestions? what can i do to imporove my pictures? i have the camera in 1080p 30 fps. jpeg format. yes ik it was not a sunny day at all. dark and cloudy. the sun was also setting.  ill share some pictures for you guys.

http://imgur.com/a/c9hBk/all

http://imgur.com/a/j6TMK/all

i was really expecting slightly better photos with this thing... hope someone can help me
2016-1-5
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

They don't look too bad compared to some I've seen.  The ones you've posted appear to only be 5.8mp (2800 x 2100).  Is that what they're taken at, or are they reduced from the original?  They should be 4000 x 3000 pixels or 12mp.
2016-1-5
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

not too bad. i have seen a lot worse.
2016-1-5
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

the original are 4000x3000 it changed the format when i uploaded them
2016-1-5
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

when i zoom in, it is not really clear
2016-1-5
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

jordan_pilot Posted at 2016-1-5 16:34
when i zoom in, it is not really clear

No digital zoom is ever going to be really clear.  The more you zoom the less clear it will be.  The only really clear zoom is an optical zoom,  and that has to be done live.  I know of no way to do an optical zoom after recording other than a magnifying glass,  and that still would be blurry,  since all you are doing is magnifying the pixels.
Some camera expert may contradict me on this but that is my experience.
2016-1-6
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Hi DJI_Jordan

Are you comparing with some of the pictures seen on this forum? As most would tell you there is a lot of post production that goes into a spectacular picture and to compare using pics taken direct from your P3S to post production can leave one thinking there camera is crap.

What format are you capturing the images in?

The phantom 3 series has 2 picture options -  Jpgs or RAW. the later (RAW) being better. Jpegs are compressed version of the Raw file and even though the specs say 12mp, this is not the case for jpegs as that 12mp has been compressed down. Its hard to explain without directly showing you, but Raw pics allow users to bring out a lot more 'information'l in terms of color, detail and dynamic range during post production.

You can also use AEB bracketing of pictures to record multiple exposures, this increases the quality of the photo even more once merged in post production.

2016-1-7
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

hello C_LUU
i do know the difference from jpgs and RAW. i do know that if i wish to want better photos i can edit them. The only reason i started this thread was because i thought my pictures where worse than anyone elses. Thanks to everyone's input, i know that is not the case. I can shoot in RAW next time and see if that helps. i do plan to do a decent amount of editing the photos so ill shoot them in RAW format.

im a newbie to drones.
what is AEB  bracketing?
2016-1-7
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jordan_pilot Posted at 2016-1-7 21:37
hello C_LUU
i do know the difference from jpgs and RAW. i do know that if i wish to want better phot ...

You're a newbie to photography as well

AEB - Auto Exposure Bracketing.  Basically it takes a series of shots (3 or 5) with varying exposures either side of the metered exposure.  So, if the metered exposure is say 1/60th sec, the camera might make 2 further exposures at 1/90th sec & 1/45th sec.  You can then choose which is the best, or even merge them.  I'm not sure how much each frame is over/under exposed but it isn't adjustable on these cameras.
2016-1-7
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-8 05:56
You're a newbie to photography as well

AEB - Auto Exposure Bracketing.  Basically it takes a se ...

ok! thank you for your help!
im more of a point and shoot kinda guy. dont do much editing usually, but have started to lately
2016-1-7
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jordan_pilot Posted at 2016-1-7 22:31
ok! thank you for your help!
im more of a point and shoot kinda guy. dont do much editing usually ...

Say goodbye to your spare time
2016-1-7
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

What Nigelw says is correct,

By taking photos with multiple exposures you can either choose the best exposure from the bracketed set or you can merge all of them together in post production, by merging you are multiplying  the 'information' in the one picture by how many brackets you have taken. This will allow you to bring out highlights and shadows not usually brought out in the 1 picture;

an over exposed picture will have more information on the dark areas (Shadows) of photos where as an under exposed photo will have more information on the light side of photos (eg close to the sun/bright areas), by adding all the photos together you can keep the correctly exposed photo as the starting point then bring out more detail in both the shadows and highlights,

I hope that made sense

Happy droning
2016-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules