Z15-GH4 back from repair with a new problem
1173 8 2016-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

Just received this gimbal back after sending it to HK for repairs, the initail problem seems to be fixed, however, since i got it back on the S900 (WKM) the horizon is not sitting level at all and the pan axis is slightly askew after self calibration start up.

Can you guys give me something that i can do myself to fix this, i REALLY don't want to be sending it back and losing potential work opportunities.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please re calibrate your gimbal and power cycle the aircraft
2016-1-7
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.2
India

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-7 13:34

The same problem I have,...
2016-1-7
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-7 19:04

tim, can you explain how to recalibrate the gimbal? It doesn't matter how many times i power cycle the gimbal and FC, it's the same outcome every time, a crooked horizon... using WKM
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2016-1-11 19:30
tim, can you explain how to recalibrate the gimbal? It doesn't matter how many times i power cycle ...

I mean the IMU calibration.
we also have the instructions on gimbal calibration in the manual
2016-1-11
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-12 14:01
I mean the IMU calibration.
we also have the instructions on gimbal calibration in the manual

Hi Tim,

can you tell me what page of the Z15-GH4 manual  gimbal calibration procedure is located? I can't find it.. Like wise, in the wookong M quick start guide there is no reference to IMU calibration, only compass calibration on page 8.
I'm really hoping this is something I can fix myself.. don't want to keep sending components to HK hoping that it will all work afterwards!
2016-1-12
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

ok, this is really starting to make me mad. I worked out how to do the gimbal calibration, after being told to flip the flight mode switch and that not working, it finally came out that i need to use the gimbal mode switch, this is really not obvious from the description in the manual. Anyway, flipped the gimbal mode switch for 3 seconds, with everything level, and it performed it's calibration.

Hasn't changed a damn thing horizon is just as unreliable as ever.

after a power cycle and endpoint initialisation sequence it does a little jerk and comes back to centre slowly

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oOnh8iy531M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if I unplug it from the Wooking then it does not jerk after start up sequence, but it still does not maintain level horizon. My thinking is that it may be something to do with an incompatibility between the wookong IMU and the gimbal sensors. but why didn't it do that before it was 'repaired'?

right now I have a very expensive machine that i bought as a 'professional' piece of equipment, that i cannot get work with because it doesn't work.

I'm feeling very ****ing pissed off right now.

I did have a discussion going with tech support on this, but since I did the gimbal calibration I have heard nothing from them, all I get is the standard Dji response that "Your request (159126) has been received and is being reviewed by our HQ support staff", It's like the conversation I had going with tech support has been ended

I need something done about this..
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2016-1-29 08:31
ok, this is really starting to make me mad. I worked out how to do the gimbal calibration, after bei ...

I'm sorry for your frustration! I'm looking into your case right now. Will keep you updated and do my best to come up with the solution ASAP! Thank you!
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2016-1-29 08:31
ok, this is really starting to make me mad. I worked out how to do the gimbal calibration, after bei ...

Hello! I understand your difficulties! I would still suggest conducting the calibration again, QQ图片20160215173737.jpg
If it's possible, could you please post the video of the issue here

I'm afraid that if nothing hepls, you will have to get the RMA...
2016-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules