Tablet
1222 14 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mccue.8848
New

Australia

As im only new to this i may have a few questions that have been around for a while ...

So in my youtube clips , everyone seems to using apple device on phantom. Can you use Android tablets ? and is there spec that i need to know before getting one. Reason i ask is
that they are so much cheaper then Apple. The wife says i cant take to ipad out to sea which is where i intend on doing alot of filming ...

Thanks
2016-1-6
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Yes.  The downloads page will have the latest list of compatible devices.

Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Personally, I've been using a Samsung Tab 4 since I bought my P3P.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please take a look at the compatible list :
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-1-6
Use props
buckbee23
lvl.1

United States

I am wondering the same thing, and I have seen others post about other tablets that work besides what is on this "list"
2016-1-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'The wife says i cant take to ipad out to sea which is where i intend on doing alot of filming ...'

Your wife should be more concerned about the loss of the aircraft rather than anything happening to an iPad at sea. If I were you, I would not consider taking it out to sea until you have plenty of hours experience flying over land.

Flying from a moving object, like a boat at sea, is one of the most challenging environments you can fly in. You have almost zero margin for safety, especially if the aircraft decides to RTH for one reason or another.
2016-1-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Better put some foam floats on thee drone, before it takes an unexpected plunge into the deep drink. ;-)

These drones don't float very well, and besides, salty sea water is a Beyatch, on electronics, the battery & everything in between, no Yacht joke intended.

Don't be the Salty Dog that Procal Harem sang about. Hehe

RedHotPoker
2016-1-7
Use props
Big Easy Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 856 ft
United States

I have been using a 8" LG GPad with no problems at all, and yes it's running Lolipop :-)
DJI_Phantom_3_Standard.jpg
2016-1-7
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They come in colours to help differentiate orientation, direction of travel.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-7
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

I would just take the iPad to be honest.
2016-1-7
Use props
Big Easy Drone
lvl.2
United States

wrathofkhan Posted at 2016-1-7 20:58
Hi Big Easy,
Did you paint the blade protectors yourself,, Guess  you used a spray  but whay type? ...

No paint, The Summitlink Snap On/off Prop Guards 2x Red 2x White for DJI Phantom All Versions Phantom 3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RFX2L6G
2016-1-8
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Try installing the app on your preferred device.
The shop is probably gonna let you if you ask them nicely
2016-1-8
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-8
Use props
Big Easy Drone
lvl.2