P3S crash due RTH issue - looking at P3A - Q's around lightbridge
679 2 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveReidPhoto
lvl.2

Australia

Hi All,
As per the title suggests, i had/have a P3S which unfortunately i had a RTH failure.  This isnt a warranty issue this was just my mistake as unfortunate it was

long story short, i was flying all fine, got low battery alarm (30%) , flew drone back to where i was standing... instead of just landing drone and carrying it back to the car probably 50 meters away, i decided to walk and fly it, and just run out the battery a bit more... during that walk, it was under trees etc, RTH triggered, (25%) and it went up into a branch, tried to over correct, and over-corrected into the tree and then rapid decent occurred
kinda all happened in slow motion

So, the place where this leaves me is Droneless, but im looking at getting a P3A to replace my P3S.

My question is regarding Lightbridge and the realistic range that increases.  I have seen the videos, i have seen the spec's.  I modded my P3S with DBSMod and got about 800meters (rather than the 500 i was getting).

I am aware its a different technology and all that jazz....

my question is simply, in real world, is lightbridge THAT much better.

Looking at the specs, the P3S is controlled by 5.7-5.8ghz which has a shorter range than 2.4Ghz (which is used for video feedback).

But the P3A is controlled via 2.4ghz.. so wouldnt the P3A suffer the same 2.4Ghz issues that the video feedback has???

Any help appreciated

on a side note, my drone didnt fall very far, but the camera gimbal snapped off and the props broke, is there a palce where people are interested in buying second hand equipment (working fine) like remote controllers, but also potentially repairable drones, outside of fleabay?

ta

dave

2016-1-6
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dave,

There is a new P3 4K that just came out.  It has 1000m range.  The specs are at the DJI home page where they are introducing it.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Sorry about the crash . Please check the comparison as a reference : http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules