1970 4 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

There's very little chance I'll be able to get my hands on any official DJI addons and adapters in the near future, so I went exploring for alternatives because I had already purchased a Rode VideoMicro for my Osmo. After wasting my money on a bunch of options, it turns out I had a solution all along: the Mobius Helmet Mount. I have been using it for its purpose, strapped to my head with an actual Mobius to record my flights... this unstabilized video should show you how secure it is.
The mounting pad fits decently well with a little overlap which you can fix with a sharp knife if it bothers you. With just the plate, the Osmo plus phone mount still fits nicely in the case.

Note: the eletoponline365 eBay account is the original source for everything Mobius related. You can get these parts elsewhere (such as here for a higher price but with extra pads, I think - I bought mine a looooong time ago and have forgotten what was in the package) so shop around if you must.

The mount pad attached to the phone holder.

The mount pad attached to the phone holder.

With the bracket detached, it still fits in the Osmo case.

With the bracket detached, it still fits in the Osmo case.

Rear view with Rode VideoMicro

Rear view with Rode VideoMicro

Front view with Rode VideoMicro

Front view with Rode VideoMicro

Angled view with Rode VideoMicro

Angled view with Rode VideoMicro

The bracket rotates, so you can still comfortably use your phone screen.

The bracket rotates, so you can still comfortably use your phone screen.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing, it's simple but also useful. What is that aircraft by the way? It's cool.
2016-1-6
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

It's a Blade 200QX. It performs very well, and I use it to practice LOS - it's relatively cheap so I'm not scared to take risks with it.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

LMahesa Posted at 2016-1-8 10:17
It's a Blade 200QX. It performs very well, and I use it to practice LOS - it's relatively cheap so I ...

It's very small and no gimbal camera on it, so you don't have to worry about the crash.
2016-1-7
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Exactly, Amy. I do sometimes strap a Mobius on it, but the results are rarely worth saving.  It's all about the fun.  
2016-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules