Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor obstruction warning
2826 9 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Hey guys, fast question. Yesterday I had a rough landing (drone is ok) and the DJI GO app shows in the top left hand corner a warning: Motor obstruction. All four motors work perfectly. They spin up and down, I can take off and have gone up to 300 ft and the warning will show. The only thing that makes the warning go away is rebooting the application.

Is there an explaination on why this error pops up?
2016-1-6
Use props
pixeldiversity
New
Flight distance : 979137 ft
Germany

Just experienced the same ... it happened during flight and an additional warning popped up saying: "landing". However, I still managed to go home for save landing.
2016-1-22
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

I am not sure why this happens. Can someone from DJI chime in?
2016-1-22
Use props
info.dan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2222720 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Just got the same warning - I landed and restarted the drone .... warning disappeared? Never came back - even after 30 minutes of flight.

What is this?
2016-2-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is the aircraft detecting a higher than normal current in one or more motors. Check that the motors do not have any debris inside them.
2016-2-12
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

Check wich motor heats more than the others, that's the one with the "obstruction" (i put it in quotes, because it may turn propperly, but with dirt inside)
2016-2-12
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-13 08:35
It is the aircraft detecting a higher than normal current in one or more motors. Check that the moto ...

Yes. Geebax is right, it may become serious over time.I think you may be able to clean it out with an air pressure hose.., but don't use too much pressure.

I think I read on another thread that DJI won't replace your drone if you ignore the warning, and the engine fails during flight.For warranty purposes, you may need to send it into DJI. Parts are cheap though, and there are many reputable repair shops closer, and quicker who allow you to work with them and learn how to replace parts.
2016-2-15
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I have been noticing a bunch of posts on this issue lately.  Really hardly ever saw them before.  I wonder if there is yet another firmware bug?
2016-2-15
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

LordNeo Posted at 2016-2-13 07:05
Check wich motor heats more than the others, that's the one with the "obstruction" (i put it in quot ...

How do you check for this?
2016-4-30
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

sifu128 Posted at 2016-4-30 13:16
How do you check for this?

Hopefully with a laser thermometer, but touching it will work too.If you have access to an air blower, you can quickly clean them up (just keep them firm, don't let them turn while blowing).
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules