Light signals in NAZA-M control mode; just to be sure...
20077 4 2014-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerard N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Netherlands

After probably 6 quite succesful flights (and a lot of reading and training) I've changed my Phantom 2 (with H3-3D gimbal and GoPRo 3+ Black Edition) from 'Phantom' control mode to 'NAZA-M' mode.

The LED indicators were quite easy to understand when in Phantom-mode; flashing yellow = not-OK to fly safely yet, flashing green = OK to fly safely with GPS assistance.

Now in NAZA-M mode however things became slightly more complicated. Of course I've read the NAZA-M user manual over and over and found the LED code chart (the one at the control is useless now). However being frightend here at the forum by all horror stories about fly-aways, flips, fall-out-of-the-skies and what else, and English not being my mother tongue, I would like to get your advice and make sure that I interpret the LED signals right.

Here's a short 1 minute low quality video which I made to explain what I experience, and would like to know if I understood it right: http://youtu.be/_cuw4hW8pCI

At the beginning I'm pretty sure all the three colors flashing is the Phantom starting up sequence. Then thereafter the LEDs start flashing twice-red, once-green. This should be the indication that no 6 GPS sattelites were found yet (which is normal because I'm inside my house), right?

At 16 seconds I start the rotors shortly and leave the throttle stick in the fixed lower position, so the rotors will stop quickly as well. At this point, leaving the stick in this possition the LEDs start flasing red..red..greengreen. This is something similar which I experienced during flight as well. Not the red of course, however the greengreen..greengreen, in stead of green..green..green..etc.

If I'm right this greengreen indicates that one of the sticks is not in the center position (which is quite normal when manouvering in flight and so doesn't signal a problem or so), and in my video it stops indeed at 28 secs when I'm pushing the stick back to the center.

However then at 34 seconds the LEDs start flashing green like mad. Greengreengreengreengreengreen, etc. This is something I can't understand in the NAZA-M LED chart. The only thing I find with a lot of green dots behind each other is indicating 'Record forward position or home point'.

Is that indeed what is hapening here in my video at 34 seconds and stops again at 38 seconds? I don't exactly understand what this would mean with a Phantom not flying, without GPS reception and with not even running motors...

I'm not expecting an answer as long as my posting, however if someone could just indicate if I'm right at above points or that there's something else where I'm not aware of, I would be very grateful.

Thanks and best regards,

Gerard

2014-12-30
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You will get two sets of rapid green flashes, the 1st one is the phantom confirming IOC (course lock) the second set will be when home point is set (you will not get that until 7 sats are locked)
2014-12-30
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

Hi Gerard,

This vid -not mine - explains the LED sequenz quite well. PS. It might not be a good idea
to start the motors in your house with your props attached. Under certain circumstances, the Phantom could for example enter the "return to home" mode and just take off!
2014-12-30
Use props
csauer52
lvl.1

United States

Does this help?
NAZA-M1.JPG
NAZA-M2.JPG
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerard N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Netherlands

Thank you for your help guys, I think I've got it right now.

I'd found those charts in the NAZA manual, however wasn't sure I was interpreting everything right; looks I am ;-)

The video is pretty clear indeed, however he 'forgets' to tell about the quick double green flash which you get when the control sticks are not centred. Something which scared me a bit while flying in NAZA-M mode.

Thanks again, cheers,

Gerard
2014-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules