Anyone have issues bringing in their DJI Phantom 3 In the Philipp...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aLeXgIxMoRoCkOj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11699 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am going on vacation next month and planning to bring my dji phantom 3 with me.  I will mostly use this for my palawan and vigan trip. I have read CAAP's authorization, rules and regulations that was created on June 204 and got ammended on Nov 2014. It still not clear to me when i read all of it especially when they have definition of large, micro and small. Small defines as not large and not micro but large is over 100kg and Micro at 100g or less (not kilogram)?  The DJI Phantom 3 weights about 2.8 lbs with the battery which is 1270g or 1.27kg...which means it is micro because it is more than 100g???

Now do you need to register your drone and will they hold this on the Airport (NAIA) and claim it back once you register it???

i wrote them a letter 3 days ago but i have not heard from them yet.  The travel agency where i booked my palawan trip says it's ok to bring but they assumed i am from the philippines that it's ok to bring from naia to palawan but not from the States to the Philippines.

My stop over is in korea, will that be another issue there???

Any advise is highly appreciated....
2016-1-7
Use props
gregtutt
New

Australia

Hey mate,

I live in the Philippines and brought my drone in and out of the country. You should not be worried as they wont probably even check if you have your drone.

Regards
Greg
2016-1-7
Use props
aLeXgIxMoRoCkOj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11699 ft
  • >>>
United States

gregtutt Posted at 2016-1-8 04:07
Hey mate,

I live in the Philippines and brought my drone in and out of the country. You should not  ...

thank you.  i wrote them a letter on the 5th of jan 2016 and i just got the reply yesterday and they attached a 3 letter page.  The 1st page granting me authorization to bring my drone and the 2nd and 3rd page about the provision from CAAP to follow while operating it for private video and leisure.
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules