5047 18 2016-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leonardo.thinkl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

Hi,
it seems that for the italian law a flight terminator must be installed on the drone (as you can see here). What will happen to the warranty?
Thanks,
Leonardo
2016-1-7
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-7 13:41
If a "flight terminator" is a "kill switch", the Inspire already has one. Perform CSC in the air and ...

Exactly.

Same way you power up your motors, will also "kill" or turn off  your motors in mid air
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Yep, CSC is your kill switch.

Dave
2016-1-7
Use props
leonardo.thinkl
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you.
I know about CSC but if i want to use the Inspire in a professional way according to the rules, here in Italy, we need, i don't know why (more 619€ away from my pocket) a flight terminator with a big red button separated from the main control system. Art. 10 comma 4 of the law. This installation will compromise the warranty?
Leonardo
2016-1-8
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

I don't see how you can add a kill switch without voiding the warranty. This is a closed system.

You need one of these buttons.

easy.jpg
2016-1-8
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Just add the bottom above on the back of the controller, it will be visible the the italians, click it and then at the same time push down on both sticks and there you go.  ;)  Just kidding but I'm not certain why they wouldn't accept the dji kill function as acceptable, when it does in fact work. You can ask a few here on the forum that have crashed their birds.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe you can petition the Italian government to prove that CSC function works 100% just fine. Unless that button requirement has nothing to the controller and it's linked directly to the aircraft.
2016-1-8
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

So the Italian authorities in their infinite wisdom are stupid enough to believe it is more efficient and safe to have a 'kill switch' that is located on a separate transmitter that the PIC would have to then reach for, pick up (presumably while putting the Inspire remote down somewhere) then press the the 'Kill Motor Switch' . They believe this is safer than having a kill command on the same control sticks as flight which you will be already holding?  Brilliant thought process !!!!!  UNBELIEVABLE.
2016-1-8
Use props
leonardo.thinkl
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 17:47
Maybe you can petition the Italian government to prove that CSC function works 100% just fine. Unles ...

Yes, is linked directly to aircraft as you can see here. http://www.hobbyhobby.it/terminatore-droni/568-servizio-installazione-terminatore-di-volo-autorizzato-enac-per-sapr-fino-a-120-amp-terminatore-elite-consulting.html I found them in the official resellers list on the dji.com site. They sell the drone with or without the kill switch but if you want to use the drone for professional works you must use the second.
2016-1-8
Use props
leonardo.thinkl
lvl.3
Italy

remltr Posted at 2016-1-8 13:38
I don't see how you can add a kill switch without voiding the warranty. This is a closed system.

Yo ...

I think that too
2016-1-8
Use props
leonardo.thinkl
lvl.3
Italy

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-8 13:14
Thanks for the info. That sounds rather odd. I might go and have a closer look in a while (just pr ...

Big red button is needed for critical operation like flying in an urban area or over people. The law is here https://www.enac.gov.it/reposito ... Reg_APR_Ed2_Em1.pdf
Maybe DJI could make its voice heard loud and try to collaborate with the goverment to draw up a better law.
2016-1-8
Use props
leonardo.thinkl
lvl.3
Italy

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2016-1-8 18:08
So the Italian authorities in their infinite wisdom are stupid enough to believe it is more efficien ...

I think that too.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2016-1-9 01:08
So the Italian authorities in their infinite wisdom are stupid enough to believe it is more efficien ...

True, maybe they are unaware of the DJI CSC function, or they believe a separate dedicated system connected to the aircraft is safer. I don't see how.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

leonardo.thinkl Posted at 2016-1-9 01:59
Big red button is needed for critical operation like flying in an urban area or over people. The l ...

Maybe you can email marketing@DJI.com and they can talk to the Italian authorities with their defense of that's what CSC is for and it's the safest way. With the complicated electronics on the aircraft, introducing another wireless device may not be a wise decision and could induce further complications. At least that's what I would tell them.

And as far as warranty, installing an aftermarket electronic device if it needs to be hardwired into the aircraft system then it would possibly void the warranty. I think anything installed that could interfere with the aircraft's electronics may void the warranty, but I'm sure it would be on a case by case situation.
2016-1-8
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-8 18:50
It's necessary for flying over people???? What the heck are they thinking?

Fly over people...

I agree with Paul and DJI here.

Why have a deliberate one function button to kill the bird in flight should be a two level process to prevent accidental activation.  Nothing wrong with the CSC method.
2016-1-9
Use props
roberto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1321476 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 20:47
Maybe you can email  and they can talk to the Italian authorities with their defense of that's wha ...

I just writed you to marketing@dji.com for the same thing...
I think that an external terminator could add noise in power supply and radio interferences.
And who can say to me how much the external board could be reliable?
What if electronic switch fails and drop current without command?

please dji contact italian authority and explain how csc works
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

roberto@xentek. Posted at 2016-7-3 05:55
I just writed you to  for the same thing...
I think that an external terminator could add noise in  ...

The CSC is the emergency way to kill the motors in-flight.
If a country requires a separate button for commercial purposes then that would be up to the person to install one and void the warranty.
I can send an email to out policies person stating what the Italian requires, but there's nothing more that I can do.
2016-7-3
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

To be honest that thing is more dangerous to have on the aircraft vs not having it. Reason I say this is because it could be hijacked. This being my guess why they want it so they can take down units when needed. Also 1 amp is a joke and 25 volts through a JST is really dangerous. Someone did really well selling this as a the best thing to have for safety.  
2016-7-3
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

And what good do the cretins in the Italian UAV department think a kill switch will do if you are out of range?
Out of range is out of range so neither CSC nor kill switch will work.
Unless of course they are advocating the kill switch TX has a higher EIRP than your control TX in which case it would take it over the legally permissable radiated power for the country.
2016-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules