Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo X5 Adapter
13592 96 2016-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Casey Preston
lvl.2

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-5 01:58
There's no reason for that.

Yes, let's just focus our condescension on where it belongs- DJI.
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-3-4 16:10
Yes, let's just focus our condescension on where it belongs- DJI.

They must announced this adapter before they even drew up plans for it, like the phantom x that crap was all computer generated.
2016-3-4
Use props
simon_finlayson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-8 04:55
Join the club!

Many of us have, just no adapter. We are all 'coming soon' ed out!

chubauk,  would they take your equipment back?  I've emailed to return mine and I haven't heard a word from them.  Considering court action.  So far a 2K waste and no word from DJI.  It's very very insulting.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simon_finlayson Posted at 2016-3-9 06:47
chubauk,  would they take your equipment back?  I've emailed to return mine and I haven't heard a  ...

Hello!
Sorry for any delay! Could you please tell me the ticket No. and the contact email address so that I can help to look into it?
2016-3-8
Use props
runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I must say, this is one of the most embarrasing cases I have been a part of. How can a company of your size not manage to manufacture a relatively simple adapter that was promised half a year ago.. Crowdfunding projects move faster then this..!! And lets not forget the firmware, the magical firmware that never is going to show up....Is anybody even working on it at all. My guess is that a version 2 of both the Osmo and X5 will hit the shelves sooner. So many people have waisted their hard earned money on something that just a overpriced paperweight and lets not mention all the projects that this was planned for.
I took some steps and spend extra $ on having a professional printed 3D adapter just to find out that the X5 goes limp every time I turn the handle on... when trying to update the firmware it gets to 40% and fails.
2016-3-9
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

simon_finlayson Posted at 2016-3-8 17:47
chubauk,  would they take your equipment back?  I've emailed to return mine and I haven't heard a  ...

Court Action? LOL. There's no grounds for that.

This is extremely frustrating, and frankly embarrassing for DJI, but just because they said something would come out doesn't mean that you are entitled to it.  To date, the Osmo is for the X3, period.
2016-3-10
Use props
Err0xx
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-3-10 07:28
Court Action? LOL. There's no grounds for that.

This is extremely frustrating, and frankly embarr ...

No grounds? OSMO is exclusively for x3, period?

The Osmo features page seems to disagree with you. If this isn't a blatant example of false advertising, I don't know what is. Check the bottom of Osmo "features" page for yourself- it clearly specifies the x5 as being compatible. Doesn't say "will be compatible" or "might be compatible", it says it "IS compatible", and it's not.

Go here: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo and look between the "remote control" and "accessorize" heading when you scroll down. The heading "perfect vision" specifically calls out the x5 as compatible. I think grounds for a "purchase induced by false or misleading claims" case is clearly established. I've seen false advertising suits won with less.
All you have to do is show that 1) the Osmo was bought for use with the x5, which was believed by the consumer to be compatible with the Osmo at the time of purchase, 2) the x5 is critical to the use of the Osmo for the intended purpose of buying the Osmo, 3) the fact that the x5 isn't compatible frustrates the use of the Osmo for the buyer, 4) were it known that the x5 wouldn't work with the Osmo then the Osmo wouldn't have been purchased, and 5) any good faith attempts to return purchased gear that had its usability frustrated by false claims have been ignored or denied by the selling company, DJI.

Individually, court costs and time would likely be much more than the value of the equipment you're seeking a refund for (court costs often granted to winner but that's a big gamble on actually winning), however, a class action with many users could rectify this. The problem is is that court proceedings move VERY slowly (multiple years for a case like this) and if an adapter was released to allow x5 functionality while the case was pending, you'd likely face dismissal unless you could prove a substantial loss/no longer a need for the hardware due specifically to the delay.

So in summary I think there's a case here against DJI; however, I don't think you'd start and conclude a case before an adapter is released that allows compatibility and you'd have a hard time getting to punitive damages against DJI for a false advertising claim on a camera. Further, court is both prohibitive in time and costs to a consumer, given the small amount the consumer stands to gain by being successful. DJI knows this, they have legal teams, and as such there's nothing you can really threaten them with to make them work with you. Technically there is a claim here (on multiple levels, I just briefly touched the one in question) but the gain from such claims is very small compared the difficulty, costs, and time associated with this kind of litigation. So I'd just sit tight and hope it comes eventually.
2016-3-20
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

Err0xx Posted at 2016-3-20 21:05
No grounds? OSMO is exclusively for x3, period?

The Osmo features page seems to disagree with you. ...

Puh-lease.

Read the entire page regarding X5 Compatibility:

"Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adaptor will be available soon."

Soon is not defined, so there is no grounds.  Now, if in three months DJI comes out and says "Yeah, X5 won't work, buy the Osmo 2 instead", you'd have a leg to stand on.
2016-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The osmo x5 adapter will be available April 1st 2016
2016-3-23
Use props
Scottbugge
lvl.1

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-23 17:02
The osmo x5 adapter will be available April 1st 2016

That sounds like an April Fools Joke
2016-3-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scottbugge Posted at 2016-3-23 19:46
That sounds like an April Fools Joke

I'm from New York, I don't have a sense of humor.
2016-3-24
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116247 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-24 06:27
I'm from New York, I don't have a sense of humor.

Hahaha

Seriously though......
2016-3-24
Use props
stubbsnick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4847927 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

X5 adapter now on sale...

http://www.all-things-photograph ... i-osmo-now-on-sale/
2016-4-15
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

X5 adapter now on sale...but never delivered......
2016-4-24
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600479 ft

Yes...that is dji :-)
2016-4-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-4-24 14:49
X5 adapter now on sale...but never delivered......

i sell an item, you purchase it, you pay me your hard earned money, I take your money then I ship your item, that's the way it works!!!!!! Just thought I would throw that out there because apparently DJI doesn't know this.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-25 03:48
i sell an item, you purchase it, you pay me your hard earned money, I take your money then I ship  ...

Sorry for the delay.
The X5 adaptor would be shipped out in this two days.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules