My Phantom 3 controller is finally done
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Hello Guy's,

I've been spending alot of time trying to figure out how to get my controller to fit my huge tablet and finally succeded in doing so.

I've posted a link below of images.

Tell me what you think.
http://imgur.com/gallery/jOFkD

Thanks

2016-1-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How about the harness and halter to hang that, (I want to say contraption) device addition, but your holder seems so involved, and complicated to this observer to operate.
Is it comfortable for you to fly like that?  I think I would need to tap a threaded hole to utilize a tripod with it all.
Obviously that wouldn't fit in any regular Phantom case, so what specialtized carrying system for it, have you incorporated?

I do admire the creativity and commitment to a solution that works, for you.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-7
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

looks impressive :-)
2016-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Looks like a case of p*nis envy that got out of hand
2016-1-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-8
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-8
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Why stop now? I think you should add legs and wheels so you can roll it around instead of having to carry and hold it.

Overkill for me, but it is a nice piece of engineering and work.
2016-1-8
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Really!! you put a TV on that controller jeje   what amazing thing , but is not portable   , but hey whats the range you get with that range booster
also i saw in the picture . that you are using carbon fiber props , do you nitice any improvement ?
2016-1-8
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Thats certainly well thought out, but... all that effort for a Phantom 3 standard....
2016-1-8
Use props
aaron6070
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259042 ft
United States

Wow looks like a robot nice work!
2016-1-8
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-8 02:54
How about the harness and halter to hang that, (I want to say contraption) device addition, but your ...

Thanks for the admiration. I do have a 4 point neck/shoulder harness for it. It's quite comfortable once your jacked into it...lol. I bought a 25.00 foam bag (cut to fit it) off ebay to accomodate it. I have a hard time seeing a small phone. (getting old I guess)..
2016-1-8
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-1-8 13:05
Thats certainly well thought out, but... all that effort for a Phantom 3 standard....

I have a Pro and a Standard. (Standard my son uses). Cradle fits either. By the way my son's standard with the extender smokes my pro in distance. He doesn't do much video anyways...

Toys

Toys
2016-1-8
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-8 12:41
Really!! you put a TV on that controller jeje   what amazing thing , but is not portable   , but hey ...

Range: 1 1/2" mile in urban area / 2 mile open country. Props achieve nothing! Better looks and can maybe take a better hit. I'll post when I hit something good to evaluate...lol
2016-1-8
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I love the way the American mains power outlets all look shocked

{:3_61:} {:3_61:}
{:3_61:} {:3_61:}
2016-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you need a full sized monitor, then you will also need a Sherpa too. Teehee hahaha

Or a dolly to wheel it about. So Yeah, glad that it has a strap-on too. ;-)

Post a pic of you wearing that creation. Love to see it in action...

RedHotPoker
2016-1-8
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-1-8 15:17
Range: 1 1/2" mile in urban area / 2 mile open country. Props achieve nothing! Better looks and ca ...

Thanks for answering , do you have any Amazon link to buy that range booster.

also did you test your the range before the modification ? to see if you really get that range because of the mod
2016-1-8
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I think it looks brilliant.  Very Professional.  Did you order that rig ? If so where?  and what size tablet is that ?  The Europeans have been using stable large RC transmitter rigs for many years.

Welll done Flying Poptart !

Cheers Donnie  
2016-1-8
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-8 16:28
Thanks for answering , do you have any Amazon link to buy that range booster.

also did you test y ...

http://dbsmods.com/phantom-3-standard-solution/

The standard was getting around 1500-1800 ft.. stock...after the extender it went to around 3,500 ft in my neighborhood. (urban residentional) more then double than stock. People have used this to get 2-4 miles out of it. I can't see how they did it but they have records of it..I'm just happy to get double range with confidence knowing it has a better signal.
2016-1-8
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-8 16:40
I think it looks brilliant.  Very Professional.  Did you order that rig ? If so where?  and what siz ...

Thanks so much for the compliment. I did purchase the tray and mobile mount.

Link : http://www.secraft.net/index.php

The tablet is not TV size like people are saying.lol..it's a Samsung Note Pro 12.2. I love the extra size it has.
2016-1-8
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

It's a bit extreme. HAHA Instead of putting a 40" flatscreen why not use your phone and have a flip down magnifying screen?

But good luck with that
2016-1-8
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Not sure if I like it... The receiver looks like some athlete with very big balls lol
2016-1-9
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-1-8 21:59
http://dbsmods.com/phantom-3-standard-solution/

The standard was getting around 1500-1800 ft.. st ...

Thanks i think that im going to get that kit , because the range that i get is really really !! really!! bad

i just have a question , does it needs battery ,
is this rechargeable ?
if yes how long i can use it before the battery dies ?

2016-1-9
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-1-8 15:15
I have a Pro and a Standard. (Standard my son uses). Cradle fits either. By the way my son's standa ...

nice!!!  send and father flying , and same hobby   

two amazing birds
2016-1-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-9 17:02
Thanks i think that im going to get that kit , because the range that i get is really really !! re ...

I would really recommend just bumping up to the phantom 3 professional, I am getting over 2 1/2 miles with my set up. I only added the windsurfer antenna modification for $25. I think by the time you add the proper modifications to your standard you are just going to get the same range you wouldwith the professional with the inexpensive windsurfer.

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-9
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-9 19:46
I would really recommend just bumping up to the phantom 3 professional, I am getting over 2 1/2 mi ...

Yea i know , im kind of mad because i can't return the quad i jut buy it 1 month ago and to be honest i don't have the money to buy a profesional may be with the new prices i can sell my standard and get an advanced , mm do you know if these new prices are available all this month ?

2016-1-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-9 21:41
Yea i know , im kind of mad because i can't return the quad i jut buy it 1 month ago and to be hon ...

I believe they are for a this month.  With more products coming out , I am sure prices will drop.  Maybe you could sell yours on e bay and pick up a used phantom Advanced or Pro.

good luck Cheers  donnie

2016-1-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-10 10:10
I believe they are for a this month.  With more products coming out , I am sure prices will drop. ...

Thank so much for your help , may be thats what i going to do , i only need 1 mile of range i think that flying more that that is dangerous because of the battery level and birds
2016-1-10
Use props
artichoke
lvl.1

United States

Hard for me to believe one can get that kind of range with 5.8 GHz Wifi.  The Lightbridge is on 2.4 GHz band which carries much better.

Wonder how far the Lightbridge signal could be received with that big an antenna.  Conversely, has anyone tried the parabolic reflectors with the Standard?

2016-1-17
Use props
artichoke
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-10 11:10
I believe they are for a this month.  With more products coming out , I am sure prices will drop. ...

I don't know if P3A or P3P prices will drop further for a while.  Already you can get Lightbridge in a complete drone in the P3A, for cheaper than DJI sells Lightbridge as a standalone unit if you're trying to build your own drone.  I read that DJI has patented the technology, and so unless someone else can also find a way to use the 2.4 GHz band to send good video while steering clear of DJI's patent (or even better 900 MHz) they have no competition for this feature.

So if you are DJI, why lower prices?  I'm surprised by the P3A price as it is.

I'd be interested in any critique of my logic.
2016-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules