X5 very bad video!
2472 18 2016-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mechanicus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21086 ft
Netherlands

Does anybody experiance the issue I have with the X5.
I get a lot of noise and very unstable video.
Both DJI app (ipad) and X5 (mini sd) captured the same.

I'm guessing I have a bad camera.
DJI response please?

This is the clip captured with the DJI app on my Ipad

And this is the clip captured on the mini sd in the X5

2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you done all the calibrations, including gimbal calibrations? and also adjust exposure, ISO, Shutter Speed, ?The X5 is a complex camera and not for beginners, fi you Google DJI X5 camera setting, or camera solutions, you will find a lot of information out there. I have not had a chance to fly a X5 yet so I am not very familial with all of it's settings.
2016-1-8
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Looks horrible! I'm not camera expert but seeing is believing!
2016-1-8
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Don't use D-Log video mode yet, it's completely messed up at this time, best one to use for now is Classic mode. Drop sharpness to -1 or -2 and use auto white balance for the time being as manual mode is broken. Also, set ISO to 200 or higher as 100 introduces horrible artifacts you're seeing.
2016-1-9
Use props
j_louey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 623743 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have the exact result. I tried Cine mode and it was washed out and very unclear. I trued it in good lighting and normal color mode today and the result is the same. blurry and unsharp. I can use DaVinci todo the sharpening but it's still not good. I have seen it in much better quality before in previous versions of the firmware.

I took a couple of photos to check. They seemed much better.
2016-1-9
Use props
mechanicus
lvl.1
Netherlands

ge0se Posted at 2016-1-9 09:24
Don't use D-Log video mode yet, it's completely messed up at this time, best one to use for now is C ...

Thank you so much for this info!

2016-1-9
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also check your firmware. I think my first out the box flight had this flickering. The gimbal looks fine. I try to shoot in manual at 50 shutter / iso 100 & then change the aperture to suit the scene but usually around f5.6 sometimes f8 / f10. it depends how sunny it is.
2016-1-9
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979964 ft
Portugal

Hi mechanicus,

Well i'm not an expert, I would follow DJI Ken instructions but that doesn't seem to be (in my opinion) a problem of settings. The footage is a bit odd i guess (even for my x3 that have lower quality than your x5).

I hope you find the solution.
Cheers!

2016-1-9
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Just an aside, I noticed that there is a flickering in the lower half of the frame.  I had this issue with my x3 (though not as bad as yours) and DJI replaced the camera...bad sensor.
2016-1-9
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

mechanicus Posted at 2016-1-9 17:37
Thank you so much for this info!

You think when you pay a lot more you buy a better product...   ...

Your examples is so bad that it is not just the D-Log issue you se on you video. There must be something else ? Do you know your settings on the shoot ?
2016-1-9
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Isnt that the flickering problem they said is solved in Fw 1.5 ??
2016-1-10
Use props
mechanicus
lvl.1
Netherlands

Alastair Posted at 2016-1-9 16:50
Just an aside, I noticed that there is a flickering in the lower half of the frame.  I had this issu ...

I am afraid of that as well.
2016-1-10
Use props
mechanicus
lvl.1
Netherlands

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-10 01:00
Your examples is so bad that it is not just the D-Log issue you se on you video. There must be som ...

If I remember correct:

Iso 100
Auto wb
D-log
1.6/?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ohh.. that is pretty bad video. Did you just get the camera like this, or before it was ok?
2016-1-11
Use props
mechanicus
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-11 09:32
ohh.. that is pretty bad video. Did you just get the camera like this, or before it was ok?

I did not shoot that much yet.
I am afraid it could be the cam. I have a lot of noise now and then. Could it be settings or fw?
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

mechanicus Posted at 2016-1-11 17:08
I did not shoot that much yet.
I am afraid it could be the cam. I have a lot of noise now and then ...

even in a Auto mode it is not suppose to be like that... I'm afraid your camera has some problems, please contact your dealer about it
2016-1-11
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

mechanicus Posted at 2016-1-10 07:47
If I remember correct:

Iso 100

That didn't look like ISO 100 .... to me it looked like 800 or higher.  The grain looked like ISO grain.  Also you had auto WB set, and then partially flew into the sun at either dusk or sunset.  Even my Canon 1D mk3 struggles with that.  And I've seen auto WB cause a sort of flickering effect when the sun pops in and out behind things, and reflections.

Before you get upset with the camera, try it in a more photogenic environment.   Like say, a cloudless, or partially cloudy day, mid morning or mid afternoon.  Make sure you manually set WB to match the light, and ISO to 100.  Put in -1 sharpness, that will help with the jaggies on things like straight edges (power lines, and shingles).
And another note on flickering........ you did raise your landing gear, didn't you?   Some people, starting out, are leary of raising the gear.... "JUST IN CASE"
2016-1-11
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Looks like too high iso in combination with the bad firmware. Hope DJI is fixing the problems soon!
2016-1-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Omg it looks like you have an old flip cell phone camera strap on the front, i dont think all the calibration in the worlds going to help.
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules