firmware update question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40938 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my phantom 3 advanced and i am currently charging the battery and controler. however im pretty sure im gonna need an update as it doesnt even say 2.7k on the box. I watched tutorial videos on how to update the firmware and all the videos i saw they are using a micro sd card reader. can I update this by pluging the equipment directly to the pc via use cable? i dont see a card reader in the box.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you power everything up, look at the about in the general settings page. That will tell you what update your aircraft and RC are on. If it's after 1.3 then you can install the RC firmware direct;y form the app. Also the manual shows how to update from the aircraft in case you don't have a card reader.
Also, go to the academy page of the app, there's a lot of really good tutorial videos that will teach you a lot.And you do not have to update if you do not want to. But DJI recommends being on the latest version.
If your aircraft is on 1.3, then you can go directly to 1.6. If not, you have to install 1.3 first and that the RC is done by USB port. After 1.3 RC is updated through the app
2016-1-8
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 14:07
When you power everything up, look at the about in the general settings page. That will tell you wha ...

i think i messed it up, i got the update going from the aircraft. however the controller is still charging. i just saw that i need to plug the controller into the aircrafts camera to update the controller.  hopfully it will let me do this after it completes.
2016-1-8
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

i just turned the controller on and have it sitting by the aircraft. hopfully it will push it to the controller by some luck
2016-1-8
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Remember it can take quite some time and maybe more than one attempt as everything probably needs updating.
If you can't stand the BEEP BEEP BEEP etc lol just stuff it in another room
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ibx Posted at 2016-1-9 03:13
i just turned the controller on and have it sitting by the aircraft. hopfully it will push it to the ...

You don't connect the controller to the aircraft.
And when your updating the aircraft, the controller needs to be turned OFF.And it can take up to 30 minutes for your aircraft to update. The controller only takes 5-10 miinutes to update.
2016-1-8
Use props
68chgr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35548 ft

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 14:07
When you power everything up, look at the about in the general settings page. That will tell you wha ...

dji ? for u   My about only has app  2.1.0 no other for firmware. how do I see what firmware is in my P3A   it was never updated  new in July 2015
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

68chgr Posted at 2016-1-9 03:40
dji ? for u   My about only has app  2.1.0 no other for firmware. how do I see what firmware is in ...

Current DJI GO app IOS is 2.4.3, current Android is 2.5.0
As I stated in the post above, power everything up, from the main page after you get into "Camera View" the upper right icon takes you to the settings page. From the icons on the left of that page with e 4 dots is the General Settings page. Tap that and then scroll down to About ad that will tell you what firmware everything is on.
ADVICE, I would not fly your Phantom until you've looked at the tutorial video and you know how to get to different features of the app like doing all the calibrations.
If you crash because of something you did not do properly, it's going to be a hefty bill for you when you send it in for repair.
The Phantom IS NOT a plug and play toy. There are several things you need to do first before your first take off.
2016-1-8
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

everything is good now, thanks guys for helping me along with this first firmware upgrade. i was so scared this thing would turn into a paper weight!
2016-1-8
Use props
68chgr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35548 ft

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 14:51
Current DJI GO app IOS is 2.4.3, current Android is 2.5.0
As I stated in the post above, power eve ...

Ive been flying for 6 mo over 50 flights so I have a good grasp on the App and P3A. Again when i go to the  DJI GO  app about page there is only App 2.1.0 no aircraft or RC listed so how do I find the firmware in my craft and RC since they are not listed? P3A is connected to controller and using IOS
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

68chgr Posted at 2016-1-9 04:56
Ive been flying for 6 mo over 50 flights so I have a good grasp on the App and P3A. Again when i g ...

Update your app to 2.4.3 then go to the general settings and about and see if it still doesn't list the aircraft and controller.You haven't updated your app since September.
What IOS device are you using?
2016-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules