Firmware update issues (1.6.0.40)
1719 15 2016-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
korinb
New

United States

I updated the firmware using the micro sd card method and everything seemed OK until I got a steady beep. The instructions say to restart it if that happens. Now I get the four beeps for a few minutes before it goes to the steady beep. After the attempted update, I don't receive any video to the attached tablet. When I check the about option in the dji go app see atched app. Any help would be appreciated.
20160108_121152.jpeg
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see from your photo that you are on the latest update ad also see the camera is working.
Please explain in more detail.
2016-1-8
Use props
korinb
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 13:51
I see from your photo that you are on the latest update ad also see the camera is working.
Please ex ...

It works occasionally if the sd card is removed. It also gives me a message about update camera firmware. When I put the sad card back in I get no signal. And when I try to update the firmware I get the solid beep. I've attached the log and hidden log.
20160108_141629.jpeg

WM610_FW_LOG_AB.zip

9.49 KB, Down times: 5

both log files

2016-1-8
Use props
Fink
New

United States

korinb Posted at 2016-1-8 17:15
It works occasionally if the sd card is removed. It also gives me a message about update camera fi ...

What does the log file (TXT file on the SD card) say? Success? Failed? Corrupt?
2016-1-8
Use props
korinb
New

United States

Fink Posted at 2016-1-8 14:19
What does the log file (TXT file on the SD card) say? Success? Failed? Corrupt?

sorry, had to edit my last post to include the logs.
2016-1-8
Use props
Fink
New

United States

Have you only tried updating the firmware using the GO App? If so, I would try it with the SD card using the BIN file from the website. I have personally found the update process through the GO App to be buggy at best.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fink Posted at 2016-1-9 06:30
Have you only tried updating the firmware using the GO App? If so, I would try it with the SD card u ...

Only the Phantom Standard can update from the app. The Pro/Advanced aircraft need to be updated by downloading the firmware from the DJI website. The RC can update from the app.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

korinb Posted at 2016-1-9 06:25
sorry, had to edit my last post to include the logs.

I see what is wrong now, Your video transmission module is corrupted. Look at you hidden TXT log, it shows module 8 and module 15 "Device Not Detected" That is bad news, you need to send your aircraft in for repair.
A few people that have tried to go form 1.5 to 1.6 have had this issue. Try to downgrade/upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 many times, if you still have no video then you need to send it in for warranty repair.
Sorry this has happened to you.
You can call 818-235-0789 and they will issue you a RMA and shipping label. Turn around time is 2 weeks.
2016-1-8
Use props
Fink
New

United States

Sorry to hear this happened, man! This is the first I have heard of this issue. I guess I need to check my hidden log files to review everything just to be sure!
2016-1-8
Use props
korinb
New

United States

Fink Posted at 2016-1-8 15:05
Sorry to hear this happened, man! This is the first I have heard of this issue. I guess I need to ch ...

Well interestingly enough I brute forced it by attempting the update over and over again until it worked. Weirdly enough I got the solid beep, but when I restarted it it said that everything was updated and the camera was working again. I'll have to try it out on Monday and see if everything still works then. I'll probably still send it in for repair down the road.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

korinb Posted at 2016-1-9 07:26
Well interestingly enough I brute forced it by attempting the update over and over again until it  ...

I'm glad you were able to update, there have been a a few that had the video transmission issue.
2016-1-8
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 23:45
I see what is wrong now, Your video transmission module is corrupted. Look at you hidden TXT log,  ...

Is this not one of the few cases where the fw reset file actually works? You really want to send it for repair instead?

As far as I know this file works in cases the fw actually has errors (but does not help to reset anything working)
2016-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-1-10 05:39
Is this not one of the few cases where the fw reset file actually works? You really want to send i ...

Some people have fixed the "Device Not Detected" by multiple upgrades/downgrades. If that does not work, you can still fly your aircraft but you will not have any video feed so mine as well send it in for warranty repair.
2016-1-9
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 02:39
Some people have fixed the "Device Not Detected" by multiple upgrades/downgrades. If that does not ...

You are aware that there IS EXISTING a reset bin file to make it possible to repair corrupted firmware are you ?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-1-10 17:50
You are aware that there IS EXISTING a reset bin file to make it possible to repair corrupted firm ...

No, the engineers have told me that if a customer gets a "No Device Detected" on module 8 and 15 and cannot be fixed by upgrading/downgrading then the aircraft needs to be sent in for repair under warranty.
If there was a simple fix, then why would DJI be spending all this money to pay to ship customers aircrafts back and forth.
2016-1-10
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Yes this you should ask them

However you will find information of this file and what it can do if you search this and other forums for Inspire firmware reset
2016-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules