Tablet Specs
1431 6 2016-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pugwash
New

United States

Instead of saying what tablets do work why don't they give us their opinion on what basic specs should work? Like processor speed and type, memory size, software types and versions.

There are so many new versions and models out there every day and DJI cannot keep up with a list of work/not work. Give us the minimums and let us go from there, both for Ios and Andriod.

For example my LG Tribute Duo Pre paid works, but it shouldn't acording to Dji list.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As time goes on and more and more devices are introduced, it would be nice to have a minimum requirement. BUT, what if they posted a minimum requirement and your device did not work. They can't test every device out there.
2016-1-8
Use props
rudiahlers
New

South Africa

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-9 07:17
As time goes on and more and more devices are introduced, it would be nice to have a minimum require ...

Surely a minimum requirement would be a good start? Say 1GB RAM, quad core CPU, etc, would be a good indication. As it is, my Nexus 7 tablet doesn't work and I really don't have extra cash for an Ipad AIR 2. Nor am I an Apple fan.

But with minimum specs in hand, I can shop around for a more affordable tablet that could work as well - especially since it will only be used for the drone.
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rudiahlers Posted at 2016-1-24 18:48
Surely a minimum requirement would be a good start? Say 1GB RAM, quad core CPU, etc, would be a go ...

The NVIDIA Shield K works well and I've seen that on sale for $150. Regular price is $199
2016-1-24
Use props
rudiahlers
New

South Africa

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-24 18:31
The NVIDIA Shield K works well and I've seen that on sale for $150. Regular price is $199

That doesn't quite answer the question....
And the NVIDIA shield K isn't available in my country, so it doesn't help much.

What are the minimum & recommended requirements to run the App properly on a tablet?
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rudiahlers Posted at 2016-2-8 21:56
And the NVIDIA shield K isn't available in my country,  ...

Listed below are the recommended devices, there is not a minimum requirement listed so to be safe you should use a device from the list.

iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-2-8
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

rudiahlers Posted at 2016-2-8 13:56
And the NVIDIA shield K isn't available in my country,  ...

Hi rudiahlers

You may be able to work out the minimum specs using this list - http://forum.dji.com/thread-43127-1-1.html
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules