Osmo home and professional video use review
1386 6 2016-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chowtime
lvl.1

Canada

There's been a lot of amazing footage and lots of reviews on the Osmo. After using it for 2 months now, I wanted to share my experiences and sample footages with you. I've actually used it more for just plain home video with the family, but on occasion, it's made it into the gear bag for filming automotive reviews. There are also audio samples with and without external mics attached. Hope this helps anyone that may be reading these forums and on the edge on whether or not to purchase this.

2016-1-8
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Nice review, and agree with all points.

I want to add mine, the short battery life means a challenge for event video who have to standby all the time 'waiting for something to happen'.
Sleep mode can safe the battery life, but, it doesn't mean can wake up instantly and ready to go in extreme short time. The Wifi and connection preparation to smartphone is random, can be short, but also can be extreme long.
I once missed one scene because of this.

Set
2016-1-10
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

A lot of effort has gone into putting this together - but have you done the latest firmware and software updates?

At around 15 minutes 30 seconds the comment is made about not having any audio adjustments with the OSMO. Are you aware that the app can now be used to change the microphone gain from the Camera menu?
2016-1-12
Use props
chowtime
lvl.1

Canada

Solitaire Posted at 2016-1-12 02:02
A lot of effort has gone into putting this together - but have you done the latest firmware and soft ...

Yes, I am now aware. The review was produced before the FW. Thanks for the info regardless. Still haven't downloaded the FW since the unit is working and I'm scared of what may happen. I've just been recording separate audio, way better ti be safe plus I can monitor with headphones.
2016-1-16
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've been using the Osmo professionally for some tracking shots with actors on a BBC Cymru/Wales daily "soap" to great effect. The shots have been cut in with the main cameras, which are Panasonic P2s. With the latest firmware update, I've been able to dial in the colour temperature to match the other cameras. We're all very excited at the results - the images are superb from the X3 at 1080p. We're also able to mirror the iPhone viewfinder picture via Apple TV to a large on-set monitor for the director to see the shots.
2016-1-18
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

Totally agree with
2016-1-19
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

We're also able to mirror the iPhone viewfinder picture via Apple TV to a large on-set monitor for the director to see the shots.

Hi , could you give me more information on how you are doing this .

Thank you
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules