Inspire and DronePan
1957 2 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrmurfitt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 536509 ft
United Kingdom

I am thinking of using Dronepan to assist with getting photographs for creating "panorama's", at present I have been taking the pictures manually. Is the DronePan software approved for use by DJI? I am relucant to switch betwen apps whilst flying.
2016-1-9
Use props
RangerOne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2331132 ft
United States

DronePan is a simple app, but it works really well!  I've taken about 30 panoramas with it already.

I was hesitant at first as well, but remember that you don't even need a smartphone to fly your Phantom or Inspire.  I normally power up and do my systems check with DJI Go, then I take off and fly to where I want to capture the pano, I switch into F mode on the transmitter, switch to the DronePan app, and click go.  Switch back to P, move to location #2, switch back to F and start another pano.  You can bounce back to DJI Go at any time, just be aware that app-controlled functions aren't available while you're in DronePan (like the custom switch assignments on the transmitter).

I don't think this really matters with your Inspire since it can yaw the camera, but for Phantom owners it's a big time-saver: it takes photos in vertical order and then yaws the aircraft (it starts at the top, pans down, pans down, yaws to the right and starts at the top again, etc).  This saves a LOT of time because you don't need to wait for the aircraft to finish yawing.  Litchi is a very full-featured app that also takes panos, but because it yaws between every shot it takes considerably longer.

There are a couple bugs.  If you are recording video, or if your camera is set to 16x9 mode in DJI Go, DronePan just crashes without error.  Hopefully they can fix this.

DJI really should (and I'm sure will) build this Pano functionality into DJI Go.  Until then, I love these third-party apps.
2016-7-7
Use props
fans0c16aa72
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

RangerOne Posted at 2016-7-7 16:31
DronePan is a simple app, but it works really well!  I've taken about 30 panoramas with it already.

I was hesitant at first as well, but remember that you don't even need a smartphone to fly your Phantom or Inspire.  I normally power up and do my systems check with DJI Go, then I take off and fly to where I want to capture the pano, I switch into F mode on the transmitter, switch to the DronePan app, and click go.  Switch back to P, move to location #2, switch back to F and start another pano.  You can bounce back to DJI Go at any time, just be aware that app-controlled functions aren't available while you're in DronePan (like the custom switch assignments on the transmitter).

Please
how to do with Dronepan?
The "F" mode in Inspire 2 does not exist ...
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules