Whats a Model A with low hours worth??!
1052 13 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Has three batteries, says it has been sitting for awhile.... so batteries probably not "managed". Just trying to see what these old models are worth. Thanks.
2016-1-9
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Paul - I had no idea that you had two hard crashes. Why isn't there a method to down grade back to the original OS? Isn't there a hack out there for this? We need to find a 14 year old kid, jacked up on mountain dew, the hacks and programs 24/7 that can gain access into the inspire 1 and correct the issues we are having.
2016-1-9
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gootch, is this going to be your first Inspire?

In the US, if all the batteries are about  90%+ life left, id say around $2200 and if its in top condition.
2016-1-9
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

First, I'd like to say how beautiful the land is you are flying above. My sheep would have a field day. On another note… I see your frustration and to be honest, most inexperienced flyers would have crashed without a doubt. Most, would have over compensated, where you, an experienced pilot knew what to do. It would be nice if we had a second party contractor that could develop better, more stable software. I'm in a bad situation, or maybe not, but DJI did an auto install, somehow when I turned on my iPad wifi. I didn't download it myself. It auto installed and I didn't agree to that.

Paul, most of us here would like to see your crash, it would be educational and might help others! So upload if you can. I know that I appreciate your dedication, and posting here on the forum. It has helped many of us and it's people like you that make a big dent in helping educate. I just wanted to say Thank you!
2016-1-9
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-9 12:47
No... We don't want script-kiddies with their fingers in the firmware. In my opinion, that's what l ...

Paul, I'm confused ...What this video was published for? To demonstrate the flaws of a particular firmware version applied to a particular machine? To me it looks like a first fly of a kid trying to explore new toy found under Christmas tree. We don't know much about flying mode and other things involved ...
2016-1-9
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-9 13:11
Gootch, is this going to be your first Inspire?

In the US, if all the batteries are about  90%+ lif ...

Yes the first Inspire, but not close to being the first drone... or RC craft for that matter. But yes.... I think $2200 is too high when online retailers are advertising new V1s for $2600. But thats why I asked the question.... thanx
2016-1-9
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

While Im on the subject... is there a model number difference between V1s and V2s? And which is better the "S" or "T" props? Thanx again.
2016-1-9
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-10 07:01
That field belongs to the family of my friend (the guy you see in the video). I may be mistaken, b ...

Yikes!!! Man that was a hard hit and I know you must have felt as someone just kicked you right in the gut!
Man oh Man!

I appreciate you sharing the video with us. For me, personally I don't understand why DJI doesn't allow you to role back? After all it was good then and should be good now. I don't like the idea of the control factor that DJI places on a drone that you and I paid for.

The land you fly on is just AMAZING to say the least. Wonderful land and the sheep are in heaven and you must be too?. What a great place to fly and I'd love to fly just once in that area. Amazing place...
2016-1-9
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-9 19:22
V1 is the T600 and the V2 is the T601, if I remember rightly.

The newer rotor locking system is p ...

Thx Paul...
2016-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-10 08:22
V1 is the T600 and the V2 is the T601, if I remember rightly.

The newer rotor locking system is p ...

T600 is V1 and there are V2's that are also T600's. My V2 is a T600 as it was one of the first V2's.
After Dec 2nd builds, US,EU,AU, and a few others are T601's, the rest of the world V2's will still be T600's.
2016-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-10 10:47
Thanks for the correction, Ken.

My apologies for misinforming Gootch.

Paul, no problem at all. All your assistance and participation here is greatly appreciated.
2016-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-10 18:01
I've been helped a lot by the other folk here - we've all been newbies at one point or another and  ...

I will also try to test that today, I think my Phantom will ascent to the set RTH altitude, point towards home and move forward.
I haven't tried RTH yet with my Inspire.
I'll let you know my findings later today. I do know that you can control the yaw during RTH, but you are talking about just hitting RTH and not touching the sticks correct?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-11 03:21
That's not what I mean, Ken. Sorry. I must have been unclear.

Let me grab Tim's breakdown and I'll ...

I see what you're saying now. And I've done RTH many times and I never remembered it stopping at 20m then turning towards home. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention since I've never done it in a an emergency and only have done it to show friends.
I've also only a few times when it comes overhead and waits to see if you cancel then it lands I've actually let it land. I've always cancelled when it's overhead just because I want to land it myself. I also see your position on wanting it to turn tail in since some cannot fly nose in too well. But if you stay at the homepoint the a RTH brings it overhead, you can cancel and yaw until tail in while backing up from it.
2016-1-10
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-9 18:40
Yes the first Inspire, but not close to being the first drone... or RC craft for that matter. But  ...

I would spend the extra $400 and know that I wasn't buying someone else's problems. Check eBay to get an idea as to what they are worth. Also, I think B&H has a used aerial dept. that they will warranty what they sell.
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules