Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I finally figured out what is the cause of vibration
12Next >
19330 78 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

It seams that many pilots are experienceing vibration after fw update 1.5. Well me too to the point my video was not usable. Update 1.6 did not do it for me. I finally discovered what was causing it and completly got rid of it. After playing with the gains, I found the culpirt: Roll. It is set by default to 100. bad. Set your roll to 90 or below and the gimbal vibration will be completly gone. To prove this causes the vibration: Next time you are out flying, set your roll gain to the max, 120. Hit enter and as soon as you hit enter, your p3 is going to vibrate like sh!t! it will shake so bad you will wonder if it is going to damage your gimbal. And as soon as I turned it down, all the vibration was instantly gone.

My gains are set like this:
90,90,80,100 and I have had no vibration so far. Dji, please take a look at this! This takes most of them away but when i fly fast it is still there. Anyone on 1.7 beta that fixed this?

If you need, I will post a video
2016-1-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Good information, thank you.
2016-1-9
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I found setting Yaw at 80% has cured the vibrating on the ground.  Once it was in the air, in mild windy conditions it still had a shiver in the legs & camera with small gusts of wind.  These have pretty much gone with roll & pitch gain settings of 85%.

Basic gains are generally for fine tuning the reactions of the aircraft to wind etc. & will be different for each machine due to manufacturing tolerances.
2016-1-9
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You may need to check again when the temperature/wind changes.  Mine wouldn't vibrate at all in the house, only outside in wind at, say 10mph.  It was at it's worst on a mountain in similar wind but around 0c temperatures.
2016-1-9
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Please post video
A picture is worth a 1000 words..
A video is Priceless!!
2016-1-9
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

my phantom is actually off to the dealer for repairs but as soon as it comes back I'll post a vid
2016-1-9
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

That's great information Michael thank you for sharing that!

Cheers donnie
2016-1-9
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

Can DJI say something about this? This is clearley causing the problem and weve been asking for a fix two firmwares ago! 1,7 is about to come out and I bet its not gonna fix it!
2016-1-9
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-9
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-9 17:28
That's great information Michael thank you for sharing that!

Cheers donnie

hopefully dji will do something now!
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-11 00:34
hopefully dji will do something now!

DJI is working on it, and for everyone if the lowering the gains, IMU & gimbal calibration do not get rid of the vibrations then send it in for warranty repair UNTIL the issue is resolved by another firmware update.
2016-1-10
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 10:19
DJI is working on it, and for everyone if the lowering the gains, IMU & gimbal calibration do not  ...

thanks for your response Ken, will this issue be solved in fw 1.7 or 1.8+?
2016-1-10
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 19:19
DJI is working on it, and for everyone if the lowering the gains, IMU & gimbal calibration do not  ...

I hope that dji is really working for solving vibration issue but it seems that new firmware should be for safety area like airport... I mean geofences...
2016-1-10
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-10 11:32
I hope that dji is really working for solving vibration issue but it seems that new firmware shoul ...

i hope so too, my video is so dam shakey!!
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-11 03:19
thanks for your response Ken, will this issue be solved in fw 1.7 or 1.8+?

I don't know, I'm not an engineer. All I can do is send messages to China and try to get answers.
2016-1-10
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 22:13
I don't know, I'm not an engineer. All I can do is send messages to China and try to get answers.

I understood that dji is working on. is it true?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-11 06:04
I understood that dji is working on. is it true?

Yes, it is true.
2016-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Flew some yesterday, and again today. Loving these spring like mid day, Sun star resort in the Rockies, like temps.
Happy to report, or retort, no "shake rattle or roll" here. Hahaha
Just me laughing, that's just the belly jiggling, & not the drone.  ;-)
What else, new options, will the next update bring to us, who have no Phantom 3 concerns or problems?
Or perhaps it will be more, surprises after a wait & see, Easter Egg hunt adventure...

RedHotPoker
2016-1-10
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

I will post a vid as soon as I can get out
2016-1-11
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

Any updates on this issue?
2016-1-21
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

It seams like with the latest update of the go app the issue was resolved for me. What about you?
2016-1-22
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-22 10:53
It seams like with the latest update of the go app the issue was resolved for me. What about you?

I was up to date on everything and it was still there... I adjusted the gain per you post and that seemed to fix it! Thanks for the info! Dji needs to cut you a check lol... Thanks!
2016-1-22
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

kpresley84@aol. Posted at 2016-1-22 20:14
I was up to date on everything and it was still there... I adjusted the gain per you post and that ...

Haha thanks
2016-1-22
Use props
vbender
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1991 ft

Canada

I had just search for a solution for this. I just got a new P3P and tried it with no updates, straight out of the box and it was great. Then got flashing notice to update firmware on remote and drone so I did it.

Just tried my drone and it shakes. Will try it with your settings after battery recharge. I did notice as I got up about 20 feet is smoothened out and sounded better. But will try your settings for low near ground flying. Thanks
2016-1-23
Use props
rdavia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82910 ft
Italy

vbender Posted at 2016-1-23 23:25
I had just search for a solution for this. I just got a new P3P and tried it with no updates, straig ...

Same problem, we hope DJI solve quickly.
Normally I run updates, the next time I'll wait
2016-1-24
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Great and thanks for the infor Micheal.
2016-1-24
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-9 23:46
Can DJI say something about this? This is clearley causing the problem and weve been asking for a fi ...

Hi Michael...i may be wrong...ever since i upgraded from 1.3 then to 1.5 n then to 1.6.. the drone is giving some lost signal problems even at 120 vertical... its bit confusing what actually causing it..i have set it all ok..from compass and imu n played at a park too...hmmm..may be something wrong with firmware but i dont know..just bought the phantom 3 advance 2 months ago...in Chile
2016-1-24
Use props
jonbessom
lvl.1

United States

I have had the latest firmware and app version since day 1.  I just noticed the vibration the other day. It was;t in any other video.  I had been tweaking the settings some (gain/exo) so I set them to what I saw in this thread.  It helped a little but once a gust of wind came, it jello'd again.  I also set all settings back to defaults. No luck.  I did have a gimbal protector bar connected between the two legs, so I removed that. No luck.  
This is really bothering me.  I hear sending it in for repair will amount to nothing but 4+ weeks of lost time.
Any one else got any theories?
2016-1-24
Use props
flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 12:19

"Food for thought". I would think that the only people on this forum are owners of Phantoms and to those that are maybe contemplating purchasing a Phantom drone.......are more than likely not on this forum and are totally unaware of any or all the issues going on with the P3. Does anyone suspect that these issues could make it any further than this generally closed forums and out to the general public? Just imagine the potential damage that this could cause for DJI in terms of units sold. I think it best that the genius engineers at DJI come up with solutions as soon as possible. I would hate to see DJI lose their status as the #1 leader of Quad copter technology and give it away to the upcoming threats to DJI.
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-1-25 00:46
"Food for thought". I would think that the only people on this forum are owners of Phantoms and to ...

Everything is considered, this forum and all the other forums and also the people who never use forums.
The percent with vibrations is well below 1% of units sold from this forum, so if you add all everything it may still be only a few percent. I don't know exactly but it may even still be under 1% of all Phantoms sold.
And if non internet users see something not right, they still email or call the support center and they are taken care of with sending it in for repair.
2016-1-24
Use props
bluer101
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-24 11:55
Everything is considered, this forum and all the other forums and also the people who never use fo ...

I respect your answer but this is not a valid assumption.

Just with any online board most people that join are really into the item or subject at hand. The thing is there are plenty of people that buy a P3, don't read a thing, fire it up and fly. They could care less about some vibration or shake. They just fly and take it for granted.

I have run across a few people in my area now that have no clue about what they are doing.

Just like any forum, if you don't point out the issues most would not see it or care. Same here, people start reading and see the issues and then check their P3 to notice the same.
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bluer101 Posted at 2016-1-25 01:47
I respect your answer but this is not a valid assumption.

Just with any online board most people ...

Anyone who spends sever hundreds of dollars are going to want something that works. If someone had shaky video when watching it on their computer I think anyone would email or call in to see what the issue is.
Do you really think there's a lot of people out there that would just live with shaky video after the investment, I don't
2016-1-24
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

tjalex Posted at 2016-1-24 05:23
Hi Michael...i may be wrong...ever since i upgraded from 1.3 then to 1.5 n then to 1.6.. the drone ...

Hmm, no problems with mine. However I did get lost signal but it turns out my cables was bad and I changed it and it went back to normal.
2016-1-24
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-24 08:55
Everything is considered, this forum and all the other forums and also the people who never use fo ...

Hmmm. I think it's a little more than 1%
2016-1-24
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

kpresley84@aol. Posted at 2016-1-22 20:14
I was up to date on everything and it was still there... I adjusted the gain per you post and that ...

Haha you hear that, Ken?
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-25 02:21
Hmmm. I think it's a little more than 1%

I don't know how many hundreds of thousands of Phantoms that were sold last year but let's just say 500,000. 1% would be 5,000.
There's probably only a hundred or a little more that have come into repair the US. Now count all the repair centers in the world and the people who don't report it and jus fly like it is, I still think it's under 1%.
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-25 02:28
Haha you hear that, Ken?

Yes, thanks for posting. There's other threads about this and I've posted numerous posts about lowering the basic gains to try and get rid of the vibrations. For most users it worked, and some it didn't.
2016-1-24
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-24 18:32
I don't know how many hundreds of thousands of Phantoms that were sold last year but let's just sa ...

Assuming it is less than 1%, reading about the problems on here anyone would think it's a common problem with no real fix.  Right or wrong, would you buy your first drone at this price, knowing it has problems that haven't been addressed?  And, as I did, many people looking to spend their hard earned money on a drone would read up before parting with their cash.

My experience of the problem seems to suggest it's related to the cold as much as the firmware.  Mine's fine in mild conditions, or cool conditions with lowered gains, but the vibrations re-appear with colder weather.  Many people won't be flying in the cold weather, which might explain the low number of complaints received.
2016-1-24
Use props
flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-24 11:54
Anyone who spends sever hundreds of dollars are going to want something that works. If someone had ...

I have no clue really but I would think that it's just a small minority of Phantom owners that have even taken the time to join this forum or the Phantom pilots forum and are even considered an active participant. The majority of Phantom owners are clueless to the issues at hand and probably just take it for granted that this is just the way things should be. The $1159 that I paid for my P3 pro with extra battery and not including the many hundreds more that I've spent on camera filters, Nanuk case, etc, etc, etc. I've easily already spent 2k which is a lot of money for me but after my FC40 drowned in a Lake last July, I was having withdraw symptoms for not being able to fly anymore. I came upon a few extra bucks in late November and the only thing I knew I had to have is a brand new P3 Pro. I've only have minor glitches and flies beautifully but still like to follow the activities on these forums and have learned many great lessons from many of you. That's what it's really all about to help educate us all to this brand new technology and I feel blessed in a way that I am part of this ground breaking stuff. The point is.....is that I'm not a rich man and the 2k spent was a small fortune for me (can still pay all my bills and enjoy life still) but for many owners, buying a P3 means about as much to them as me spending money on a nice dinner. Many of those folks are the ones that more than likely have less interest in such petty issues that most of us find troublesome. I could be wrong but just my 2 cents worth
2016-1-24
Use props
bluer101
lvl.1

United States

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-1-24 14:01
I have no clue really but I would think that it's just a small minority of Phantom owners that hav ...

"The majority of Phantom owners are clueless to the issues at hand and probably just take it for granted that this is just the way things should be."

This is what I was saying.

Ken , just because it's hard to believe someone would spend that type of money and put up with jerky video or vibrations, does not mean it happens.

Most people are using it for fun and will not pickup on the Jello video. They see great clear image while watching with family and friends. The people on this board are fanatics and expect some perfection like before the last 2 updates.
2016-1-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules