Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-2-24 13:38
Sorry Ken , I admire your stab at clairvoyance but you are wrong, I have read everything and tried  ...

I said to use the suggestions posted, and from your post it looks like you found out what to try.
I'm sorry you are still experiencing it.
Please contact support and send it in for repair.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-2-24
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

So, Ken, DJI's official position is that the clicking, video drift, and asynchronous audio issues are all due to a malfunctioning Osmo?  The issues are not firmware related?  You and and the tech support have tested multiple Osmos yourself and compared them to standard external video and audio sources at all of the various frame rates and have not been able to recreate the issues that multiple users are experiencing?  No firmware corrections are being considered?

And I want to make it clear, those of us on this thread are not just playing back the footage and sensing that there is a problem.  This isn't our hardware creating the problem.  We are looking at the footage at a sound sample and video frame basis in NLE's and the way it is being encoded is a problem.

Maybe you or DJI could let us download footage taken from a DJI to see how a correctly operating gimbal operates.  I would also appreciate an external sound file recorded at 48 khz with clapper sync at the beginning and end for comparison to a standardized time source.

The reason that many of us think this is a firmware issue rather than a broken camera is that it has all of the appearances of an encoding issue.  Also, DJI has made significant mistakes in the past on their firmware that would indicate that reliable testing has never been done.  We are not whining.  These are problems that make it impossible for us to use the Osmo as we intended in our workflow.  
2016-2-24
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-2-25 19:16
So, Ken, DJI's official position is that the clicking, video drift, and asynchronous audio issues ar ...

Hi Casey,
I think DJI are going to ignore us on this issue. Despite many requests for information/clarification/ is it software/ hardware/ firmware or even tupperware, they don't seem to care.  Despicable attititude to us early adopters and financial backers.  Bloody shame too, because the concept almost works!!!

Rod and the cat
2016-2-25
Use props
zillymo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft
United States

jeff_kirkland Posted at 2016-1-12 07:00
Can't say I've had any sort of audio drift. How long do you have to record for before it happens? Lo ...

Started my own R&D.....   Mr. Kirkland, Which firmware are you using, please?
2016-2-25
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-2-25 23:36
Hi Casey,
I think DJI are going to ignore us on this issue. Despite many requests for information/ ...

SO DJI, you don't answer and this gradually slips beneath the waves.  So sad- you have a great product (almost) just look after your investors please ( Us in case you hadn,t worked it out!!!!!)
Rod and the cat
2016-2-26
Use props
hifistud
lvl.1

United Kingdom

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-10 09:50
Yes, the Osmo is simply unable to record a somewhat useful audio stream, sure not with the internal  ...

Except it loses seconds at the end of a clip - http://forum.dji.com/thread-43738-1-1.html
2016-2-27
Use props
jennings
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

After testing two different Osmos, I have come to the conclusion that there are some serious issues with the audio system on both Osmos.
I have used a variety of external mics including lavelier, Rode and Sony wireless blutooth microphones.
In nearly every case there are problems with wide dynamic sounds, if you turn down the volume to avoid overloads the quiet passages disappear. The most succesful mic was the Sony bluetooth wireless mic providing you set the output volume to low and the Osmo gain to default.
Other mics gave terrible results with frequent crackles, clicks and distorted sound.
My observations suggest that the audio level meter on the Osmo is unreliable and not a good indicator of actual levels, trying to take footage incar results in some weird electronic clicks and distortion, some good results were had with relatively consistent sounds but louder transient sounds invariably produced huge distortion.
In general the audio design of the Osmo is crap and the designer/engineer sacked.
Hopefully DJI will fix this at no cost to all who have shelled out over A$1000, a pity since the gimbal on video quality is superb. Come on DJI give your customers some support so we can continue to invest in your products.
For now I will revert to my GoPro 4 and gimbal which is not as compact or covenient to use in the field but at leats I get useable sound.

2016-2-28
Use props
Unclefukster
New

United States

I need help.. my dji osmo recorded sound and video with my 2 Samsung devices.. after the last firmware update , it's doesn't have sound on my Samsung Galaxy s5.. the files are there when I view in the go app.. but when I view or look in my video editor there is no sound ... also on the dji go app there is a mic control but no volume control. . Everything was great before firmware upgrade..  can I reset or downgrade firmware on camera.. I've reinstalled different versions of the goapp and the goapp isn't the problem .. it's the firmware update for sure.. also waiting on line over the phone for 2 hours twice with no resolve sux .. please help !!
2017-1-11
Use props
fans8ef0c148
New
United States

Clicking sound is bad on my Osmo, this is my second unit, first one never worked so I had nothing to compare it to till Dji replaced that unit. Now with this second unit, the sound is AWFUL if even audible with clicking sounds that cannot be edited out.  What good is an Osmo if it doesn't come to the customer ready to use?  I am disappointed. There is no audio that is functional so the video is worthless.I will not recommend to anyone to purchase an Osmo product.  It's not fair that Dji sold a product to the consumer market that was not ready for use, its false advertising and borders on fraud. I say that from frustration as a client. Its not fair to expect this company to have the consumer base produce their testing for a product that was not purchase ready.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules