DJI geofencing.
2468 11 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
topleader
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127336 ft
United States

I know drones can't be flown within 5 miles of an airport.  Does DJI also include national parks, military bases and such that are listed as no fly zones as part of the geofencing?
2016-1-9
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Click here to have a look at planned fences for your area.
2016-1-9
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The CURRENT NFZ data has been updated to include national parks and reserves in the US. These will be shown in the Go app as orange circles. They are warnings only and do not restrict flight.

I haven't looked at all national parks for the BETA GEO system but it looks like they are warning zones
2016-1-10
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI stated they only wanted to use GEO for aviation and security areas.
Anything else should just have warnings.
2016-1-10
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-10 12:46
DJI stated they only wanted to use GEO for aviation and security areas.
Anything else should just ha ...

Why are the tops of Etna and Stromboli volcanoes (Sicily, Italy) marked red ?   These are dangerous and actually red for MANNED flights (explosive volcanic activity), so that they are perfect for drones: impossible to be dangerous for manned flights (that cannot fly there), no people, no houses, nothing "sensible", the only way to reach them safely is exactly by drone. The reason cannot be a national park, Etna Park is much wider than the red spot on Geofence, which seems simply copied and pasted from ENAC maps (which regard MANNED flights).
2016-1-10
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

If I use Litchi app, the Geofencing will be the same ? I dont think so.
2016-1-10
Use props
topleader
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127336 ft
United States

I did not even know I'm within a 5 mile radius of a small airport.  I'm well outside of the international airport. This is really good to know for making plans to go fly my drone. Thanks everyone.
2016-1-10
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

marco58 Posted at 2016-1-10 23:23
Why are the tops of Etna and Stromboli volcanoes (Sicily, Italy) marked red ?   These are dangerou ...

Probably because the areas have been ported across directly straight from aviation flight zones.
That's the sort of detail that DJI are trying to sort out in the beta phase.
Did you advise DJI?
They aren't going to know to fix things unless someone tells them.
2016-1-10
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-11 04:31
Probably because the areas have been ported across directly straight from aviation flight zones.
T ...

Yes, I've written an email to flysafe@dji.com, the answer has been to contact djisupport@airmap.io, a non-existing email address. Also, as far as I see, airmap.io covers US only, no info about Europe. I can see italian ENAC maps, no idea how to check similar problems in nearby countries where often I travel. I agree, a matter in fast evolution, but now the red no-fly zones are much more than in former DJI Pilot App. I hope everything will be solved before I will have to upgrade to 1.7 fw.
2016-1-11
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
Maui Aerial Ima
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

Is the GEO fencing currently being implemented in the US?
2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules