3733 60 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

mdji Posted at 2016-1-12 19:03
Say this to uncontrolled Phantom or Inspire when they flyaway :-\ Only God knows their direction in ...

If the Phantom is flying away, a parachute isn't likely to help much.

Also, statistically, driving a car is much more dangerous, hundreds or even thousands of times more dangerous to people.  But it's allowed because people accept it.  How many people have died from air crashes, let alone drone crashes?  Not many compared to many other activities.

You really need to keep it in perspective & stop shouting safety without any real evidence.  You'll end up making it even more difficult to enjoy your drone.
2016-1-12
Use props
mdji
lvl.1

Russia

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-13 04:55
If the Phantom is flying away, a parachute isn't likely to help much.

Also, statistically, drivin ...

With this you have a chance to stop flyaway and eject parachute in any situation, before drone went away over the sea or hit the building. Rather than with this, which triggers only when drone already crashes. You see the difference, right?
2016-1-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mdji Posted at 2016-1-13 20:19
With this you have a chance to stop flyaway and eject parachute in any situation, before drone wen ...

Chucking out a parachute while a drone is powering away sounds like a recipe for disaster. As I have said many times, if the props are running, the chances are you will tangle the shroud lines and the whole mess will drop like a rock.
2016-1-13
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-13 10:04
Chucking out a parachute while a drone is powering away sounds like a recipe for disaster. As I ha ...

The idea is you cut the power to the drone & deploy the chute in one action.  It's starting to look like expensive insurance now though, with no guarantees it'll work.  There are a lot of variables to go wrong, like can you reach it in time, is there a good signal, will the chute deploy or get tangled, will you even be able to get the drone back if it lands softly but far away?  If any of those go against you, you've lost even more money.
The odds of hitting someone are very slim if it's not a crowded place.  I still haven't heard of anyone who's been hit by a falling rocket (firework) & they come down in the thousands at certain times of the year.  How many drones fly away & crash to the ground?  Not many.
2016-1-13
Use props
QuadcopterFL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11302 ft
United States

If you watch the video in post #24, it brings up a clue as to the possible failure points on all intelligent batteries........If you watch closely, the button seems to be the failure point, he presses it multiple times and nothing, he squeezes the battery and the lights come on.  This seems to me to be a failure in that area of the button or surrounding connections.  Usually the most obvious and simple explanation is usually the correct one.  This along with low cell voltages could explain alot of failures.
2016-1-13
Use props
mdji
lvl.1

Russia

do you think those guys on youtube weren't thinking "my drone is ok and will never crash or flyway" ?  
it's a matter of chance. you said right, it's like insurance and it's up to you if you want to have another chance in case of emergency or not.
I have installed Stop Flyaway on my drone that's why I know how it works. I was thinking about Mayday though but still prefer to have manual parachute activation to avoid false triggering.
2016-1-13
Use props
mdji
lvl.1

Russia

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-13 18:04
Chucking out a parachute while a drone is powering away sounds like a recipe for disaster. As I ha ...

Check Stop Flyaway's User manual, it cuts the power from all drone's electronics and activates the chute. Mayday doesn't do this and you have to cut off props manually.
2016-1-13
Use props
perseas
lvl.3

Greece

mdji Posted at 2016-1-13 15:55
Check Stop Flyaway's User manual, it cuts the power from all drone's electronics and activates the ...

Can you please tell me if I need to do some soldering to connect the Stop Flyaway with my P3P? I am really interested in this system, I just want to be careful and sure that I won't accidentally destroy my board.
2016-1-14
Use props
mdji
lvl.1

Russia

perseas Posted at 2016-1-14 16:01
Can you please tell me if I need to do some soldering to connect the Stop Flyaway with my P3P? I am ...

they have simple install.
you unsolder the main "-" wire on Phantom board which goes from battery and solder it to SF board "-"
then you take piece of cable and connect CH1 on SF to Phantom's board "-"
So SF receiver will be like middle man on "-" wire. Once you press the button on SF transmitter, the receiver switches off Phantom (CH1) and power on CH2 (whatever electronics you want to connect, mainly parachute mechanism).
It's really simple and need to solder 2 points only. No other smart electronics (GPS, Compass, Receiver, NAZA, etc) is involved.
2016-1-14
Use props
perseas
lvl.3

Greece

mdji Posted at 2016-1-14 12:51
they have simple install.
you unsolder the main "-" wire on Phantom board which goes from battery  ...

Thank you very much for the clarification. I will seriously consider to buy this system now!
2016-1-15
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

zsolomon Posted at 2016-1-10 16:43
I just looked at Mars. They don't have anything noted for P3. Just P2 as of now. It would be a nice  ...

Yes.. I m in Chile..its a law that anyone flying drones need parachute. I went to buy for my phantom 3 advance..the shop told me..we need parachute and separate trigger. The parachute cost around usd150 and the trigger cost around 320usd...hmmm.... very sad... for P3 AD.. we need separate trigger..hmmm..
2016-2-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

wmw1490 Posted at 2016-1-10 17:41
Keep in mind, if a chute did work perfectly it could not do much to control where you landed.  Water ...

You can do this...if drones stopped all of sudden..then let it fall till u think its near and trigger the parachute...of course if we trigger the parachute when its 120 or more higher in sky...it will float to other places that also depend on the wind.. the best is...do not panic...keep waiting...till u r so confident its near and try to trigger...i never used this theory no my drone fell so far...its only the idea...no guarantee..
2016-2-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

In Chile..the parachute cost around usd150. and for phantom 3 advance..we need a trigger..that trigger cost usd300 plus...huh!!! but in chile...the rules are...no parachute no fly in parks and city...we need special license to fly in city...its a huge mess for drone owners...even me..
2016-2-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-10 21:17
My biggest concern would be either having the reaction time to activate it in time, or worse, if it  ...

you r right...just wait till its near...let it fall and when near...then pull the trigger but if its auto..then let it be...hmmmm...
2016-2-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

americanrawlins Posted at 2016-1-11 13:42
We shouldn't even be talking about about parachutes!!!!!!!!! DJI SHOULD START MAKING RELIABLE PRODUC ...

When comes to machine, software and hardware...always no guarantee.. even planes crashing.. ships failing.. our computers hanging due to heat etc...even my iphone 6 had to be send for update only few weeks if using it...it has software malfucntion,,no sound during calls... hmmm. so, this is flying machine by RC... no way...i m sure...every now and then...we will hear someone losing their drones...but i m sure future drones will be more reliable since technology improved a lot and still improving in daily basis...hmmm..
2016-2-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

mdji Posted at 2016-1-11 15:43
Same in Russia, but our law seems to be copied from USA law with limits of 250g and registration rul ...

In chile..just started the law..from december 2015... all must register...need parachute to fly on city areas and even public places such as sea side...where people walking...we also need a special license to fly if we want to fly on populated area...hmmmm... with more news drones falling...i think soon..drones only be allowed on mountain, hill and jungle..or even water..i mean over sea...hmmmm...
2016-2-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-1-11 16:43
Underground . not many places to fly Above ground never mind underground

yupe...i think we need to find a huge tunnel underground since less space above...there are many rules now in many countries...in chile...the altitude i heard is only 120 and distance...500meters...not good news...but we must obey the law...since its good for all...hmm..
2016-2-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

U may need one since many drones failing due to some unseen problems but use the manual device to trigger when the time is right. the mayday board may prematurely deploy the parachute. watch what happened to me.
2016-3-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

you may need one someday. But get the manual trigger device. Not the mayday board.
2016-3-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

2016-3-18
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

reggy72 Posted at 2016-1-11 18:10
I've negated the need for some sort of parachute by chasing my Phantom around with a manky old mattr ...

Nah, I just have couple of my manservant chasing the Phantom with big net while I fly it around my estate. Hey you! yeah you! Run faster! You guys not keeping up with the drone! Hard to find good help now a days.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules