Please Help me!!!! Problem with tilt and pan motor
3185 4 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahimagem.thiago
New

Brazil

Hello guys

Something really bad happened to my DJI Ronin m.  I went to an event for work and used my ronin. I lefted on, with a camera attached to it since I was going to be back and forth to use it. One person that was helping in the event, didn't see that the ronin was on, changed the lenses that was on the camera ( that was attached to the ronin while it was on) and place another lense that was much heavier to the camera.  When I came back to use the ronin, to my surprise, it was tilted down and the tilt motor was  running real fast and loud and it was very hot.  I turned it off and waited to cool down to see it was going to work proper again.  I turned on again later and the tilt motor was gone.  When I move with the ronin. the camera does little "kicks"up and down, and I think it also affected the pan motor.  
What should I do? Is there a replacement for these motors or I will have to buy a new ronin?

Hope to hear from you guys soon!
2016-1-10
Use props
ahimagem.thiago
New

Brazil

HELLLLLOOOOO!!!! ANYBODY THERE????????
2016-1-13
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

ahimagem.thiago Posted at 2016-1-13 18:12

The motor might have entered into overheat protection, the ronin detects high temperature and shut the motor
down to prevent damage.. In the manual there is a part that sais what to do when the gimbal stop working.
They dont sell de BL motors apart, hope your tilt didnt burnt buddy, i will kill that guy if it does that to my ronin-M.
2016-1-15
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

ahimagem.thiago Posted at 2016-1-13 18:12

The motor might have entered into overheat protection, the ronin detects high temperature and shut the motor down to prevent damage.. In the manual there is a part that sais what to do when the gimbal stop working.
They dont sell de BL motors apart, hope your tilt didnt burnt buddy, i will kill that guy if it does that to my ronin-M.
2016-1-15
Use props
karel
New

Suriname

I had the same experience yesterday. Unpacked my brand new Ronin M, put it together, balanced the camera, turned it on, then got the motor noise where it began calibrating, but after a while it just stopped without finishing properly (you could just turn the camera around and the motors did not provide stabilization). And the tilt motor became very very hot. The remote, even though it was paired (green light), also did not work.

After connecting the Ronin M to the PC via the USB cable, I went into the Gimbal Assistant software from DJI, and saw that the motor stiffness for all 3 axis was on 72. I think this may have been the problem. I don't know how it got on 72 and if this is the factory default or if something went wrong somewhere. But what I did is press the "Default" button in the lower right corner on all the tabs in the program to reset everything back to default. This put the motor stiffness for all 3 axis to 12.
After saving and then turning off and on the Ronin M it started up and calibrated again, and this time it succeeded and the tilt motor didn't become hot anymore. The motors worked and so did the remote.

So if you're experiencing these issues, try a complete reset to default using the software.
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules