P3 Pro controller will not power up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wmw1490
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40269 ft
United States

Brand new P3 pro, controller fully charged, 4 battery lights show up.  When powering on, the 4 white battery lights illuminate, but the controller status indicator stays dark.  Then the controller shuts down.  Bummer, just got this one the other day and planned to replace my p3 standard with this one.  I have a support case submitted and get to see how well DJI responds.  Fingers crossed!  
2016-1-10
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

So far, decent support from DJI...within an hour or so I received this info:  

Greetings.
First, please try to reset the controller
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
Second, please charge the controller until all the lights turn off and turn it on again and see if it helps.
Then please check if it's solved, if not, please email me back and I'll replace the controller for you.
Best regards.
2016-1-11
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

When I got home I tried the solution the support sent me--then I noticed the first step is to turn the controller on.  I clearly stated in the problem report that the controller would not stay on....I tried the commands anyway, just for grins and no luck.  The controller is dead, brand new Phantom 3 Pro, never had a chance to fly is going back to the dealer.  Bummer, as I had big plans for it this weekend.  
2016-1-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You did press the power button twice and hold it in for a couple of seconds, for it to turn on?
Seems many folks don't understand the RC and drone both need a double power button press and hold to properly engage and start thee unit up.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-12
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-13 00:28
You did press the power button twice and hold it in for a couple of seconds, for it to turn on?
Seem ...

Did all that, including the stand on one foot and twirl while pressing c1, c2 and shutter button per DJI support.  I sacrificed a small farm animal too, nothing worked.  The status light would never illuminate, never.
2016-1-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hmmm, well that my friend, is very unfortunate. I was hoping that you had just not performed a second depression of the power switch.
If you bought your Phantom kit locally, it may have to be returned and or exchanged. Your other option as you are well aware, is to send it in for repair or replacement.

Hopefully, you can get some help stat. And be on your way to a thrill a minute, flying your awesome drone.

Please let us know how if goes, and the time it took, to get it back in working order.

RedHotPoker

2016-1-13
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-13 17:00
Hmmm, well that my friend, is very unfortunate. I was hoping that you had just not performed a secon ...

Thanks...it's on the way back to the seller and I have a new one coming (Advanced, not pro) from DJI.   My standard still works fine and I'll be flying that one for a while longer.  Plans are to keep both of them and use the standard for some of my higher risk flying.  
2016-1-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Should it be the other way around, give the better drone, the more difficult tasks?

Anyway, glad you are getting it fixed, and still have a second Phantom too, to fly... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-1-13
Use props
fans5f86291e
New
Canada

Mine will not charge past the second light..
2018-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans5f86291e Posted at 11-11 10:36
Mine will not charge past the second light..

That’s indeed, unfortunate.

What are you planning to do, Sending it in for repair?

How old is yours?

RedHotPoker
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules