Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 4K or Advanced?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SheharyarAbbas
New

Canada

I'm thinking about buying a Phantom 3 quad within the next 2-3 weeks, and I can't decide between the Phantom 3 Advanced or the new 4K.
My main concern with the 4K is it's range, it has an amazing camera (at an affordable cost, too), but it doesn't use Light-Bridge and as a result I would only get to fly it 1.2 km out(while watching the live view).
The Advanced has more than enough range, but the camera isn't 4K, so I'm pretty much stuck between the two.
So in conclusion, should I go for the Advanced or the 4K?

Thanks!

2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Please take the comparison as a reference : http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
Totally understand you , but you'll have to make your own choice . Maybe you can start a vote ?
2016-1-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you've used Lightbridge and wifi ... you'd know that Lightbridge is 10x better.
The cameras are identical except one can also do 4K video.
But the Advanced can do 2.7K video which is still higher resolution than most people need anyway.
Do you know that you need 4K video or are you just thinking more = better?
If you don't know ... then you don't need it.

One other big thing you probably haven't spotted is that the 4k only has 480p live view wheras the advanced and every other P3 has proper 720p live view.

I can't see any reason to buy the new one myself but you have to make your own decision for yourself.
2016-1-11
Use props
dpmax007
lvl.1

United States

I have the p3  pro with 4K and kinda wish I would have gone with the advanced.  I wanted 4 k to have more pixels to edit (cropping in tighter) but 4K video files are huge and my not so old computer is incapable of editing 4K video files.  
2016-1-11
Use props
kopashoff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220118 ft
  • >>>
Kyrgyzstan

Go for advanced. Later if you wish 4k, ypu can buy a crashed gimbal from p3p with working board, and fix it your p3a, update it with p3p firmware, and you will have p3p. The only diff betwen p3p and p3a is gimbal mainboard and battery charger, and ofcoarse sticker).
2016-1-12
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-12
Use props
SheharyarAbbas
New

Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-11 06:32
If you've used Lightbridge and wifi ... you'd know that Lightbridge is 10x better.
The cameras are i ...

Thanks for the advice, i'll probably go with the advanced then.
2016-1-12
Use props
SheharyarAbbas
New

Canada

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-11 05:57
Please take the comparison as a reference : http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
Totally unde ...

Thanks!
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules